20m this morning

Jerry N9AVY

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

Bill Garwood

Here in NC, I see several PSK31 signals from EU and a couple of US stations.  No FT of any kind on 14.070.

73, Bill N4GBK

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

Brian (N2MLP)

I’m seeing only PSK signal

No FT8

Must be local problem

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

Here in NC, I see several PSK31 signals from EU and a couple of US stations.  No FT of any kind on 14.070.

73, Bill N4GBK

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Yep, I’m on 14.070 and there is only PSK signals. Don’t hear see any FT8 at all until I move to to .75 and even .80 of which those could be JS8CALL signals.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 22, 2019, at 10:51 AM, Brian (N2MLP) <n2mlp@...> wrote:

I’m seeing only PSK signal

No FT8

Must be local problem

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

<image001.jpg>

========================

Here in NC, I see several PSK31 signals from EU and a couple of US stations.  No FT of any kind on 14.070.

73, Bill N4GBK

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

Beam pointed at Europe (45 degrees)  and there were about 15-20 signals that looked like FT-8 signals I remember … looked like PSK31 signals but were all squiggly.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

John Hendry KG5OIB

I just turned on the radio and worked Germany and Belgium on 20m.   No interference into Decatur, Texas.

John
KG5OIB

Randy True

Just got Sweden, good signals here in KY.

Randy W4RTT

I just turned on the radio and worked Germany and Belgium on 20m.   No interference into Decatur, Texas.

John
KG5OIB

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Jerry, are you drinking that sauce again?? LOL :)

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 22, 2019, at 11:31 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Beam pointed at Europe (45 degrees)  and there were about 15-20 signals that looked like FT-8 signals I remember … looked like PSK31 signals but were all squiggly.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

<66E37A3093404F0C9858F92DF63A2C15.png>

Jerry N9AVY

20m this morning had great propagation this morning as the FT signals were from 14070 to 14072 and there were about 15 - 20 of them.  Looked like an infestation of fleas and they knocked out a strong German station I was about to call.

Only other thing it might have been were spurs from another frequency, but doubtful with FT-1000MP.  Might have been a freak opening for me to Europe.

After I posted , about 15 minutes later band was back to business as usual.

Jerry n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Just got Sweden, good signals here in KY.

Randy W4RTT

I just turned on the radio and worked Germany and Belgium on 20m.   No interference into Decatur, Texas.

John
KG5OIB

Jerry N9AVY

Nope, no alcohol in a year or two.  Not a great idea with diabetes and other meds I’m on.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

<66E37A3093404F0C9858F92DF63A2C15.png>

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

There are a number of DXpeditions out there that use FT8 in "Fox/Hound" mode on non-standard frequencies. I know that one of them parked itself around the 40m SKCC frequency at 7.056MHz. What I usually do if something like this happens is to fire up WSJT-X and let it decode the signals to see what's going on. I did not see the activity on 14.070, so I missed out, maybe I could have gotten some rare DX :)

de K5KHK

Randy True

Randy W4RTT

I just turned on the radio and worked Germany and Belgium on 20m.   No interference into Decatur, Texas.

John
KG5OIB

Bill Garwood

Over the past couple of years, there has been the occasional DX station that popped up on 14.070 FT8 and once that was announced on the internet, it quickly drew in the DXers to 14.070.  14.070 is not usually on any listing for FT8 operation.  I checked a couple of spotting sites this morning and there were no FT8 spots on 14.070.  Next time you see that, maybe switch to FT8 mode and decode the callsign(s) to see what is going on.

73,

Bill N4GBK

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Nope, no alcohol in a year or two.  Not a great idea with diabetes and other meds I’m on.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:44 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

12:45 UTC  and 20m (14070) is loaded  with FT-8 signals QRMing the heck out of PSK31 signals.  No regard for others on band and I guess that is why I’m against FT-8 operators for being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GM Jerry

Band is empty here. What direction do you see this coming from?
Barry

<66E37A3093404F0C9858F92DF63A2C15.png>

Jerry N9AVY

That may have been the case.  Only need 3 more to complete DXCC on any mode : Scarborough Reef, DPRK and Bouvet Is.  Chances of them showing up on SSB/CW  ae very slim.

Jerry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

There are a number of DXpeditions out there that use FT8 in "Fox/Hound" mode on non-standard frequencies. I know that one of them parked itself around the 40m SKCC frequency at 7.056MHz. What I usually do if something like this happens is to fire up WSJT-X and let it decode the signals to see what's going on. I did not see the activity on 14.070, so I missed out, maybe I could have gotten some rare DX :)

de K5KHK

F.R. Ashley

F/H operations are NOT supposed to be on the normal FT8 frequencies, as per the help files in WSJT-X.    WSJT-X will actually block you from xmitting of you are set up as F/H and try to use normal frequencies.  I guess there are pros and cons to this but that is why you will hear F/H  plus/minus regular FT8 frequencies.

73 Buddy WB4M

On 10/22/2019 12:23 PM, Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 wrote:
There are a number of DXpeditions out there that use FT8 in "Fox/Hound" mode on non-standard frequencies. I know that one of them parked itself around the 40m SKCC frequency at 7.056MHz. What I usually do if something like this happens is to fire up WSJT-X and let it decode the signals to see what's going on. I did not see the activity on 14.070, so I missed out, maybe I could have gotten some rare DX :)

de K5KHK

Jerry N9AVY

We should all be aware that there are many hams out there who can’t read instructions.  😊

Jerry