KC3EF Report for 10/9

Richard Rohrer

Propagation was up and down, but it was a fairly successful day.  Worked a lot of 070 members that weren't chasing grids.  Again North/South direction seemed to work better than East/West.  Worked most of the members looking for the grids we passed thru.  Finally did break the jinx with N9AVY, who finally was received loud and clear.  Worked Rick, N7WE and Barry, VA7GEM in several grids.  Looks like todays grids are going to be DN61, 51, 41.

It snowed about 1 to 2" overnight and is really cold, about 10 to 20 degrees, which if you live in FL is really cold.  Waiting a bit for conditions to get a little better and then we will hit the road to Park City, UT.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Dick
I am in need of DN61 & DN51
Cannot spot you.
R U snowed in?
GL de Barry

Richard Rohrer

Just left hotel, wont be in grid for

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 10:41 AM 1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Dick
I am in need of DN61 & DN51
Cannot spot you.
R U snowed in?
GL de Barry

Jerry N9AVY

Dick:

Thanks for busting the jinx !

Looked for you today, but suspect you might be snowed in and holed up somewhere.  Be safe !

Waterfall had some Europe and a W7 or two, but then waterfall turned from its normal light blue to a dark blue which I think means propagation went down the drain.  Managed to work an Italian and tried for Bulgarian, but LZ went to zero.  Stinky prop !

73,  Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Propagation was up and down, but it was a fairly successful day.  Worked a lot of 070 members that weren't chasing grids.  Again North/South direction seemed to work better than East/West.  Worked most of the members looking for the grids we passed thru.  Finally did break the jinx with N9AVY, who finally was received loud and clear.  Worked Rick, N7WE and Barry, VA7GEM in several grids.  Looks like todays grids are going to be DN61, 51, 41.

It snowed about 1 to 2" overnight and is really cold, about 10 to 20 degrees, which if you live in FL is really cold.  Waiting a bit for conditions to get a little better and then we will hit the road to Park City, UT.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

stan W9SMR

Dick

I am also looking for DN61 & DN51.

Never saw a copy-able signal from you yesterday. I must have been out of the shack when you worked Rick, N7WE.

Will be watching!!

73 and thanks to you an Kathy for this Monumental Expedition! (And the major distraction it must be!)

73,
Stan
W9SMR
EL87sf

Just got home and fired up the rig.  Anyone seen Dick yet?  I too need DN61 and DN51.

Richard Rohrer

In dn61 now.  Wx is cold.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 11:56 AM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Just got home and fired up the rig.  Anyone seen Dick yet?  I too need DN61 and DN51.

Got Dick in DN61 at 18:07.  14.071.800.

stan W9SMR

Saw Dick's CQ and called. Probably right on top of you, Rick.

Have not seen Dick since.

Still watching,

73,
Stan