Not a winner... but

Jerry N9AVY

I got a new grid and new 070# in contest and that’s a win for me !    Both were in form of W8TOM in MI.    Don’t go by grid list on QRZ page, but check it against other stations in Atlanta, MI  and you’ll see they are all in EN74 and not the FN # Tom has on his QRZ page – simple error of missing it.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
I developed this habit a couple years ago. HRD auto loads the contacts details from QRZ
which I visually check against what is provided over-air. An top of head estimate I think
about 10% will have a discrepancy that can be challenged on air or followed up with an email
for clarification. I think I have maybe taken the process a step too far due to my OCD and
insatiable need for total accuracy in the log.
Hope the sprint went well for you
now 3:30am local and still hoping for a contact.
cheers de
Barry

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 08:43 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

I got a new grid and new 070# in contest and that’s a win for me !    Both were in form of W8TOM in MI.    Don’t go by grid list on QRZ page, but check it against other stations in Atlanta, MI  and you’ll see they are all in EN74 and not the FN # Tom has on his QRZ page – simple error of missing it.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

K8TOM

Jerry,

I saw your trace several times over the space of an hour or so, but the copy was just not good enough to make the contact.  I also saw W8TOM's call decode a few times, but again not good enough copy for a contact. I received a QSL card from him a couple days ago for an earlier contact on 20M.

I managed to get one Idaho station N7UVH and that was it.  I did see Milt N6MG a couple times but no contact there as well. Was surprised that I did not see Barry.

Tom
K8TOM

Tom:

I kept looking for you until 0500 UTC/GMT, but band was deader than a door nail by then. Sorry I missed you and other West Coast stations.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I saw your trace several times over the space of an hour or so, but the copy was just not good enough to make the contact.  I also saw W8TOM's call decode a few times, but again not good enough copy for a contact. I received a QSL card from him a couple days ago for an earlier contact on 20M.

I managed to get one Idaho station N7UVH and that was it.  I did see Milt N6MG a couple times but no contact there as well. Was surprised that I did not see Barry.

Tom
K8TOM

Barry:

Sorry I missed you as well.

OCD ?  Probably a good thing for ham radio log keeping, but seems that many of new crop of hams have the opposite. Hi ! Hi !