Reminder - Endorsement Daze #2 - August 9 - 11

stan W9SMR

Endorsement Daze #2 - LONP and WALC-NA

This new activity is intended to promote more on-air time among members and provide targeted opportunities to achieve specific PODXS Endorsements. This is not a contest.

This 2nd Endorsement Daze activity will target LONP and the added focus on WALC-NA.

LONP - If you are a new member, this is your Golden Opportunity!  You can start accumulating toward that 100 member contacts required for LONP Membership - Currently, only 423 of our 2,698 members are qualified.

If you haven't made LONP Honor Roll (500) – maybe this will put you over the top. Additional info and LONP Rules at LONP Rules

A second objective – WALC-NA Worked All West Coast North America*

With the questionable Propagation conditions these days, we can all use a boost toward the NALC-NA Sticker. In summary, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK-31.

Our Endorsement Daze #2 event is planned for 2 DAYS:

Starting: 00:00 UTC on Saturday, August 10 (Friday, August 9, 2000 EDT, in NA)
Ending:  23:59 UTC on Sunday, August 11

 Join the fun and enjoy…Call: CQ CQ 070 Daze de (Ur Call)

And be on the lookout for the two APE stations expected to be on the air: KC9UR and K5KHK.

 Upload your entire log promptly to the  Online Endorsement Checker   Your LONP total will be displayed under the 070-LONP tab. Your WALC-NA progress will be shown in the “Completed” or “In Progress” column on your “070 Award Progress” page.

Our members on the West Coast are struggling for contacts, partly because those operators on the East coast and the Mid-West are hitting the sack before conditions are favorable to the West coast. An idea has been offered where operators periodically check the activity they see and post that info to the Reflector. Enter your own call or other’s in PSKReporter to see activity. As you see activity on the waterfall, be sure to “SPOT” those calls to PSKReporter. Pick your operating times and Bands to optimize short, medium and long distance contacts.

It’s OK to QSO with non-members, too. Just show them how much fun the 070 PODXS Club can be and welcome them to join us.

If you have questions concerning this event or concerning the upload process, please let me know:  robinstan@...

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

* WALC-NA
Work All Left Coast of North America and earn the WALC-NA endorsement! To qualify for the WALC-NA, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK31, one contact required in each state/province for a total of 5 contacts. 160M thru 6M only.

K8TOM

Is there a link to Endorsement Daze event info posted on the club web site--bands, hours, and the usual event information?  I can't find any of the usual info about the event to refer people to.

The home page at http://www.podxs070.com/ shows the TDW as the next event.  The page at http://www.070club.com/ gives  Error 1016, Origin DNS error, Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.070club.com).

Tom
K8TOM
815

stan W9SMR

Sorry to say, the website problem is much larger than that even. You will shortly see a posting from Matt or me explaining that a major redo will be required and soon.

So, the only way to disseminate the Endorsement Daze info will be to forward my announcement email. Hope that will suffice for now.

Will be looking for you all in the Endorsement Daze from the APE Pontoon Portable KC9UR.

73,
Stan
W9SMR/9

Is there a link to Endorsement Daze event info posted on the club web site--bands, hours, and the usual event information? I can't find any of the usual info about the event to refer people to.

The home page at http://www.podxs070.com/<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podxs070.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C39f283f8ec2944fc79b408d71c035395%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637008672923575833&sdata=c%2B939RSzFrDj9WG8E1AlDvv4ef%2BxEvkCr5mQjhIzmA4%3D&reserved=0> shows the TDW as the next event. The page at http://www.070club.com/ <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.070club.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C39f283f8ec2944fc79b408d71c035395%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637008672923585856&sdata=XWKJJisJTModKKYVoWjG5bd4DHJrDEJbJEEkIIiyXas%3D&reserved=0> gives Error 1016, Origin DNS error, Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.070club.com).

Tom
K8TOM

How can I help with the website, Stan?  I have some experience with HTML, HTML5, Dreamweaver, and website maintenance. (Taught web design for a local college).

Jim K5SP

On 8/8/2019 8:30 AM, stan robinson wrote:
[...]

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jim K5SP

I will have to pass on this one, family activities take me out of town for the weekend, and will not return until Sunday afternoon/evening.

Have fun you guys!

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

K7DWI Art

A second objective – WALC-NA Worked All West Coast North America*
With the questionable Propagation conditions these days, we can all use a boost toward the NALC-NA Sticker. In summary, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK-31.

I hope to be on a little while Saturday, 20 Meters only.
I finally got up a Vertical and will do my best to pass out a few QSO's from Grants Pass Oregon.
Hope for some propagation.
73 Art K7DWI #2518