30/30 - Do I actually need 31?!?

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

I was so excited last night when I made my 30th contact on 30 meters, but when I uploaded my logs, I got greeted by a bit of disappointment: It looks like the system recognizes that I have 30 different call signs logged on 30 meters, but does not promote the entry from "in progress" to "completed":

I guess somebody needs to kick the server :)

Matthew King - AK4MK

Hey, Karl - good job on the 30/30M!  Unfortunately, that award (and the 12/12M & 1717M) have a prerequisite - the TRI-WARC award.

TRI-WARC consists of 3 QSOs each on 12, 17, and 30 meters.  Once you achieve that, then the 12/12M, 17/17M, and 30/30M come open.

You can click on the HAVE and TARGET numbers for any award (complete or in progress), to see what prerequisites there may be, as well as your actual progress on that award.  Take a look at the screenshot that I've pasted below.

See if you can schedule 3 contacts each on 12 & 17 meters.  You'd be surprised what can happen on a "dead" band when there's people trying to work on it!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

image.png

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 8:43 AM Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:
I was so excited last night when I made my 30th contact on 30 meters, but when I uploaded my logs, I got greeted by a bit of disappointment: It looks like the system recognizes that I have 30 different call signs logged on 30 meters, but does not promote the entry from "in progress" to "completed":

I guess somebody needs to kick the server :)

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Hi Matt,

thanks for the clarification. It's always in the fine print... :) I've never even seen a PSK31 signal on 17m (or 12m for that matter), but I'll give it a try. Instead of monitoring 30m, from now on it will be 17 and 12. I am actually calling CQ on 17 right now.

73, Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Karl - If you are still on 17M give a call on 18.100 and I’ll see if I can see your trace.  The band sounds awful quiet right now.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:08 AM, Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:

Hi Matt,

thanks for the clarification. It's always in the fine print... :) I've never even seen a PSK31 signal on 17m (or 12m for that matter), but I'll give it a try. Instead of monitoring 30m, from now on it will be 17 and 12. I am actually calling CQ on 17 right now.

73, Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Dan,

just got your email, I am calling CQ again.

Karl Heinz Kremer
PDF Acrobatics Without a Net
PDF Software Development, Training and More...

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:21 AM Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Karl - If you are still on 17M give a call on 18.100 and I’ll see if I can see your trace.  The band sounds awful quiet right now.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:08 AM, Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:

Hi Matt,

thanks for the clarification. It's always in the fine print... :) I've never even seen a PSK31 signal on 17m (or 12m for that matter), but I'll give it a try. Instead of monitoring 30m, from now on it will be 17 and 12. I am actually calling CQ on 17 right now.

73, Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Bill Williams

I have been monitoring 17M and have not seen anything except a few FT-8

Bill
AG4QX

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:21 AM Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Karl - If you are still on 17M give a call on 18.100 and I’ll see if I can see your trace.  The band sounds awful quiet right now.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:08 AM, Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:

Hi Matt,

thanks for the clarification. It's always in the fine print... :) I've never even seen a PSK31 signal on 17m (or 12m for that matter), but I'll give it a try. Instead of monitoring 30m, from now on it will be 17 and 12. I am actually calling CQ on 17 right now.

73, Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

I'll monitor for a little longer, but 17m looks very dead to me right now.

Rick - N7WE

Just got home and saw the postings.  Fired up the rig and called CQ on 17m at about 14:50 UTC and the SWR is thru the roof.  Got to trouble shoot that!  Will be back later if I can fix it and you still want to try Karl.

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Yep - Nothing but one FT8 signal and it is a loud one!!

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:44 AM, Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:

I'll monitor for a little longer, but 17m looks very dead to me right now.

Jerry N9AVY

I tried 17/`12m  after I saw your messages.   17m , I think, has been moved to 18101 to get away from FT8 QRM.   Saw a PSK signal up there, but it quickly disappeared.   Also tried 24920 to no avail.

Let me know when you’re back on.

73, Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10