Fooling with alpha list ...

Jerry N9AVY

Been trying to figure out who I’ve worked over the past 11 years; so, did some folling around with th generic alpha list of callsigns.   I took a few hours, but I now have various calls and members numbers highlighted in Yellow and my calls in red.

One of the things I noticed after setting up calls in  alpha-numeric sequence was that many of the stations worked seemed to fall into groups or runs over the year; sometimes there will be a dozen or so .  One of the other things I noticed was that I worked KD5HIP & KD5HOP, but they were months apart.

Also found that there were 32 stations worked  which were either Silent Keys or were dropped for other reasons. But I guess I got credit for them.

Interesting that the majority of DX stations worked were between 2010 and 2013 which coincided with my WTW efforts. When conditions return in a couple years it might be a good idea to go after the WTW endorsements/awards and work everything in sight when one has the time. DX activity seems heavier on weekends.

Did all this to make it easier to find stations I’ve heard, but neglected to work for whatever reasons. Hate to get pushy on the air and tail end a QSO or just bust into it.  Find it frustrating when I hear a station I need for LONP and he clears our never to b heard again !

Well…. Had some fun revisiting old calls from the past while doing this.  There was probably a better way to do this , but my computer skills are lacking.

73,  Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike N6STA

Here's the top of my 'multiple qso' list as of 8/23/18:

     69 WA7HDZ
     36 VA7GEM
     17 N9AVY
     17 K7PAX
     16 VE3NOO
     14 W5WF
     14 VE7BGD
     13 N7IY
     13 K8TOM
     12 N4GBK
     11 KE4JB
     11 KC0VCC
     10 N5SLY
     10 KC4TIE

Jerry N9AVY

A lot of those are probably contest Q’s.  Know I have lots and lots of Q’s with certain stations every time I enter their call in ACLog.   There is usually a page full of Q’s which is a good thing because it helps me remember their call !   😊

Jerry n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Here's the top of my 'multiple qso' list as of 8/23/18:

     69 WA7HDZ

     36 VA7GEM

     17 N9AVY

     17 K7PAX

     16 VE3NOO

     14 W5WF

     14 VE7BGD

     13 N7IY

     13 K8TOM

     12 N4GBK

     11 KE4JB

     11 KC0VCC

     10 N5SLY

     10 KC4TIE

David, K9DWR

Having more than one QSO with someone, especially an actual rag chew, is kind of the point, isn’t it?
It’s nice when you get to catch up with someone you’ve talked to before. :-)

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

On Jul 27, 2019, at 10:34, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

Yup, it’s always fun getting to know someone better than just the normal QSO data !  I’m mostly a ragchewer, but I respect those who aren’t and usually just barely make a contact… many don’t even give out all the usual data.

I someone wants to ragchew I’m for it, but there are days when I have to be some place and that’s not always practical.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Having more than one QSO with someone, especially an actual rag chew, is kind of the point, isn’t it?

It’s nice when you get to catch up with someone you’ve talked to before. :-)

—

David, K9DWR

#1604 LONP #255

david@...