Heads Up - Endorsement Daze – LONP and WALC-NA – Friday Aug. 9 to Sunday Aug. 11

stan W9SMR

This new activity is intended to promote more on-air time among members and provide targeted opportunities to achieve specific PODXS Endorsements. This is not a contest.

This 2nd Endorsement Daze activity will target LONP and the added focus on WALC-NA.

LONP - If you are a new member, this is your Golden Opportunity!  You can start accumulating toward that 100 member contacts required for LONP Membership - Currently, only 419 of our 2,600+ members are qualified.

If you haven't made LONP Honor Roll (500) – maybe this will put you over the top. Additional info and LONP Rules at LONP Rules

A second objective – WALC-NA Worked All West Coast North America*

With the questionable Propagation conditions these days, we can all use a boost toward the NALC-NA Sticker. In summary, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK-31.

Only 339 of our 2,600+ members have earned this one. And most of those were back when the ionosphere was quite agitated! These days we need a little help!

Additional info and WALC-NA Rules at http://www.podxs070.com/membership-endorsements/available-endorsements

Our Endorsement Daze #2 event is planned for 2 DAYS:

Starting: 00:00 UTC on Saturday, August 10 (Friday, August 9, 2000 EDT, in NA)

Ending:  23:59 UTC on Sunday, August 11

Join the fun and enjoy…Call: CQ CQ 070 Daze de (Ur Call)

Upload your complete log promptly to the  Online Endorsement Checker   Your LONP total will be displayed under the 070-LONP tab. Your WALC-NA progress will be shown in the “Completed” or “In Progress” column on your “070 Award Progress” page.

We are blessed to have several very active members in those states/provinces needed. I’ll note just a few. Alaska is well represented by Alan, WL7CG. Barry, VA7GEM, does a great job putting British Columbia on the waterfall. Washington has 57 members and is well represented by Tom, K8TOM and Paula, K7PAX. Oregon has 42 members and California (not surprisingly) has 129. Bob, KK6KMU provided many Ops in the 40M Firecracker Sprint their CA QSO.

Our members on the West Coast are struggling for contacts, partly because those operators on the East coast and the Mid-West are hitting the sack before conditions are favorable to the West coast. An idea has been offered where operators periodically check the activity they see and post that info to the Reflector. Enter your own call or other’s in PSKReporter to see activity. As you see activity on the waterfall, be sure to “SPOT” those calls to PSKReporter. Pick your operating times and Bands to optimize short, medium and long distance contacts.

It’s OK to QSO with non-members, too. Just show them how much fun the

070 PODXS Club can be and welcome them to join us.

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

* WALC-NA
Work All Left Coast of North America and earn the WALC-NA endorsement! To qualify for the WALC-NA, work Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California on PSK31, one contact required in each state/province for a total of 5 contacts. 160M thru 6M only.

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Stan
Is there any specific exchange we should be using.
cheers
Barry

stan W9SMR

Barry,

This is not a contest.

It is a Members' Meet & Greet with a bonus of working on Endorsement Stickers.

There is no rush. Chat about your LONP status, your Rig, your other Hobbies or just exchange your name, the RST, your QTH and Grid.

So let the mood guide you and enjoy our marvelous PODXS 070 Club!!

Hope that will work for y'all!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Is there any specific exchange we should be using.
cheers
Barry

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

rr Stan
Macros built - ready to rock es roll
barry

stan W9SMR

That is the attitude we hoped for!!!

Pass out those LONP and WALC-NA sticker credits!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director