Conditions better than expected

Jerry N9AVY

Seems there may have been som kind of solar event today which may have affected propagation.  Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of stations on the air tonight.

Was tired of always being down towards bottom of QSO list; so I started counting with QSO  #100,  hi  ! hi !

Hope everyone had fun and worked some new stations.

73,  Jerry   n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

K8TOM

Thanks to everyone that stayed up a bit later and get us westies a chance.  It was fun to make contact with several folks that I had not seen for a while.

The waterfall looked more active that I can remember for a while.

Tom
K8TOM

Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>

And my rig is on the way back to Yaesu for repair!

Always a bridesmaid…

Mike

WM4B

Seems there may have been som kind of solar event today which may have affected propagation.  Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of stations on the air tonight.

Was tired of always being down towards bottom of QSO list; so I started counting with QSO  #100,  hi  ! hi !

Hope everyone had fun and worked some new stations.

73,  Jerry   n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Hendry KG5OIB

Maybe I went to bed too early.   LOL.   I gave up about 2 am Central time, as I had not even seen a peak on the waterfall in nearly an hour.  I only logged four contacts for the contest.   But it was nice to actually try.

John
KG5OIB

Jim K5SP

Gave up early. Managed a few contacts, but something wrong with antenna, if I went over 20 watts SWR would jump too high. Saw several stations that tried to call but I did not seem to get through  (N7WE, W3HF, 7CLG, N5SLY just a few that wouldn't talk to me).

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Larry Rockne #404

Yes, I was surprised ro see and work and work YB8MAN yesterday.

Larry WA7HDZ

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Gave up early. Managed a few contacts, but something wrong with antenna, if I went over 20 watts SWR would jump too high. Saw several stations that tried to call but I did not seem to get through  (N7WE, W3HF, 7CLG, N5SLY just a few that wouldn't talk to me).

Maybe I went to bed too early.   LOL.   I gave up about 2 am Central time, as I had not even seen a peak on the waterfall in nearly an hour.  I only logged four contacts for the contest.   But it was nice to actually try.

John
KG5OIB

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jerry N9AVY

Larry:

YB8MAN has been around 20m the past week or so and working many stateside contacts.  He’s been QSLing via Eqsl.