31 Flavors Sprint – Heads Up !

stan W9SMR

 The Ø7Ø Club 31 Flavors Sprint is just 1 week away -

Saturday, April 3 - 1000 UTC

to Sunday, April 4 – 0359 UTC

This is an 18 hour event

Work any 6 hour block of your choice

This is a chance to try 6 different PSK modes.  Check your software - most will do all PSK Modes.  6 mode variants will be used:

·         BPSK 31 [Narrow bandwidth]

·         QPSK 31 [Narrow bandwidth]

·         BPSK 63 [Wide bandwidth]

·         QPSK 63 [Wide bandwidth]

·         BPSK 125 [Very wide bandwidth]

·         QPSK 125 [Very wide bandwidth]

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block of your choice. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Upload Link page and continue for the next 6 hours

Work each station once per mode. (Same station, same mode, is a dupe!)

Open to all licensed radio amateurs.

Frequencies: - 20 Meters only
- Normal PSK sub-band for narrow mode variants,
- Sub-band 14072.5 - 14080 kHz suggested for wide bandwidth mode variants.

3 Power Categories (No 100 W category):
Medium < 50 W

Low < 25 W

QRP < 5 W

Exchange:

- Members: State/Province/Country (SPC) + 070 Member Number   eg: “FL  1611”

- Non-Members: State/Province/Country (SPC) + First Name  eg. “FL  Stan”

Call: “CQ PSK 31 FLAVORS”  (Announce Switching to new Mode)

All entry logs
 must be received within 1 week after the event ends. A 31 Flavors Uploader link will be available on the PODXS 070 Home Page.

For Rules and detailsClick Here: 31 Flavors Rules

This is one of our most interesting contests. If you have never tried these different PSK modes, don't be shy.  Jump in and give it a go!  You’ll be an expert in no time!

Last year, we had 45 Logs submitted, which is the highest since 2016. Lee, N5SLY, won Top Dawg honors and First Place in the 50W category with a spectacular 92 QSOs utilizing all 6 modes.

Let’s see if we can give Lee some competition this year !

Hope to work you in all 6 modes!

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Don - KM4UDX

The Sprint gets promoted this monday night at 9:00pm ET at the Weird and Wacky Digital Mode Playgroup.  My goals are (1) increase the # of sprinters, (2) educate folks on multi PSK modes, and (3) promote the wonderderful 070 club.

Join us on zoom to see your club promoted, and have some fun with non-FT8/4 modes.  I will demo all of the allowed PSK modes.

We typically use 7071+2k Olivia 500/16 then change modes from there.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71390503026?pwd=enRJS2xURkNZMFpWZUVvTloyTGxYQT09

--
Don, km4udx, uBITX

Randy True

OK, maybe I'm a little dense, but, why 18 and not 24 hours?

Randy W4RTT

[...]

Yep, just a little dense, I see the 20M only now.

Randy W4RTT

[...]

Sure, but just be glad you are not in Japan where the 20m contest runs from 19:00 to 12:59. (7 p.m. to 1 p.m.)

As propagation improves, we should take another look at this.

73,
Stan
W9SMR

________________________________

For Rules and details, Click Here: 31 Flavors Rules<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podxs070.com%2Fo7o-club-sponsored-contests%2F31-flavors&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cb863ce866e1246e4b5d408d8f167846f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637524774194011822%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=XM7Vv3H8%2FnTVH31jQBwKsRiTBWWixtasOzHv24C%2FCLo%3D&reserved=0>

This is one of our most interesting contests. If you have never tried these different PSK modes, don't be shy. Jump in and give it a go! You’ll be an expert in no time!

Last year, we had 45 Logs submitted, which is the highest since 2016. Lee, N5SLY, won Top Dawg honors and First Place in the 50W category with a spectacular 92 QSOs utilizing all 6 modes.

Let’s see if we can give Lee some competition this year !

Hope to work you in all 6 modes!

[cid:attach_0_16700E1BE7DEF6A1_18358@groups.io]

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070 #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Mike W4BZM

Any recommendations from the members on what logging software to use for 31 Flavors?  Just use Fldigi and put the member number in the Remarks field?  I also have N1MM+ and all the N3FJP versions.

Mike W4BZM

Mike,
You can put the number in the notes field but you don't have to include the number with your upload.  You can easily create the ADIF file from the Fldigi log.  Just go under the Logbook tab and select ADIF and EXPORT.  It will take a few minutes and might be minimized to your task bar.  Use the select by date option and select All Fields, the checker will throw out what isn't required.
John
KC3FL