31 Flavors

Jerry N9AVY

Usually I've opted out of this contest because I thought that MixW didn't support BPSK63/125.  Well, I didn't heed my usual instructions of "RTFM" (Read The Flaming Manual).  This morning I went in search of the MixW manual and actually found it, all 167 pages !

Scanned through it and found the info I needed.  Lo and behold I now know how to operate BPSK63/125 and QPSK63/125 !  Not sure why I never read the manual... guess I'll have tp print it out and save it for reference use.

The old saying about "teaching an old dog new tricks"  seems to be valid, but I refuse to sit up, roll over, etc.  Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry, will you be able to set up macro's to change modes?
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 27, 2021 8:44 am
Subject: [070Club] 31 Flavors

Usually I've opted out of this contest because I thought that MixW didn't support BPSK63/125.  Well, I didn't heed my usual instructions of "RTFM" (Read The Flaming Manual).  This morning I went in search of the MixW manual and actually found it, all 167 pages !

Scanned through it and found the info I needed.  Lo and behold I now know how to operate BPSK63/125 and QPSK63/125 !  Not sure why I never read the manual... guess I'll have tp print it out and save it for reference use.

The old saying about "teaching an old dog new tricks"  seems to be valid, but I refuse to sit up, roll over, etc.  Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Haven't figured that out yet.  

Jerry

On Saturday, March 27, 2021, 10:53:44 AM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Milt.
N6MG

Jerry  N9AVY

Jim K5SP

Want me to send you some, got it from manual many moons ago.

Jim K5SP 

On Mar 27, 2021 11:07 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jerry

On Saturday, March 27, 2021, 10:53:44 AM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Milt.
N6MG

Jerry  N9AVY

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

Jerry N9AVY

Jim:

I'd appreciate that. Thank you .

Jerry n9avy

On Saturday, March 27, 2021, 11:54:18 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Want me to send you some, got it from manual many moons ago.

Jim K5SP 

On Mar 27, 2021 11:07 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jerry

Milt.
N6MG

Jerry  N9AVY

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

F.R. Ashley

Yes you can create macros fore each mode in MixW.   I haven't used MixW
in a while but I believe that macro was in the drop down list of
available macros, you just have to edit it to the mode you want.  There
used to be an app called Mix Buttons that gave you many more macro
buttons to use.  I guess it's still around but not sure if it works with
the MixW 4 versions.

73 Buddy WB4M

Buddy,
You are correct about "MixW Buttons". It was written by K1PGV and there's a link to his website from his QRZ page. He's also written a utility for callbook lookup that works great with every version on MixW that I've tried.
I used MixW Buttons extensively on MixW 2.19 to supplement the 12 macro's there.. I've upgraded to 3.2, which gives 48 macro's, so I don't need the outboard macro's any longer.
I've looked at the MixW 4. versions, but shy'd away because it's totally new looking, and I've finally got 3.2 playing nicely.
I'm looking forward to getting the 31 Flavors macro's set up to change operating modes.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Mar 27, 2021 10:57 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] 31 Flavors

Yes you can create macros fore each mode in MixW.   I haven't used MixW
in a while but I believe that macro was in the drop down list of
available macros, you just have to edit it to the mode you want.  There
used to be an app called Mix Buttons that gave you many more macro
buttons to use.  I guess it's still around but not sure if it works with
the MixW 4 versions.

73 Buddy WB4M

With Fldigi to change modes in a macro.  Setup a Qpsk macro with <MODEM:QPSK31> and a macro for BPSK with <MODEM:BPSK31>
Down at the very lower left there is a box that shows what mode you are using and if you click on that it will bring up the different sub mode, BPSK31, BPSK63, BPSK125 etc.
You can click on the sub mode you want and you're ready to go.  Doing it that way, you won't have to go to the mode tab and do a bunch of hunting.  You should be able to choose any mode in a second or two.
John
KC3FL