TDW Scorer Question

Bill Garwood

Looking at the TDW scores so far this year compared to past years.  This year does not show any multipliers?  Were the scoring rules changed or is there something wrong with the contest scorer for this contest?

Enjoyed the contest a lot.  Thanks to all who participated.

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Bill - there was a change in the scoring rules. There used to be multipliers for exchanged 070 numbers, but that's no longer part of the required exchange, so we removed it from the scoring formula.

Glad you enjoyed the contest!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:30 PM Bill Garwood <n4gbk@...> wrote:

Looking at the TDW scores so far this year compared to past years.  This year does not show any multipliers?  Were the scoring rules changed or is there something wrong with the contest scorer for this contest?

Enjoyed the contest a lot.  Thanks to all who participated.

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bill Garwood

Thanks Matt,

I hope for next year, you tweak the rules a bit more to encourage contacts with as many stations as possible on as many bands as possible.  Under the current rules, you are best off just working the bonus stations only on as many bands as possible.  All other stations that are not bonus stations are good for one point each.  Need s/p/c multipliers or similar.

See you in the Firecracker Sprint!

73,

Bill