From: KA5DWI Art via Groups.Io <ka5dwi@...>
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 8, 2019 7:57 am
Subject: [070Club] Thanks for the PSK Events

Hi all,
My tower is coming down next Tuesday and I will be silent for a very long time.
I am planning to relocate (Texas or Oregon).
Thank you for keeping me a little active. I made 250 PSK Q's in 5 years, much less than I wanted to.
That's DXing I guess.
Hope to get back on next year.
73 Art KA5DWI #2518 in Arizona

Rick - N7WE

Sorry to hear the tower is coming down Art!  But there always comes a time to paint your wagon and move along!  Texas and Oregon - either will be a change after AZ.

In the meantime, don't give up on getting on the air.  It isn't a tower and beam, but you will be amazed what a hamstick, mag mount, battery, laptop, and the rig will do on PSK31 with only 50w or so.  Talk to Dick - KC3EF - the king of PSK31 mobile!  He has worked all over the US and Canada while mobile with just a hamstick.  (But with Kathy driving of course!)  During the 2016 Christmas Holiday I worked KY, ND, and PA for my 366 - portable from the parking lot at a hotel in Jacksonville, Florida.  You don't have to go mobile.  You can sit your driveway or the local A&W (there still are A&W's aren't there?) and have tons of fun!

Hope to see you on the waterfall and work you in a lot less than a year!

Stephen Melachrinos

Art -

Thanks for your participation in the 070 club in the past. I wish you well in getting your station set up at your new QTH, and hope to work you again from there.