30 meters #information

I wish there was more activity on 30. Its a great band and one of my favorites. Wish the TDW contest or any of our contests would allow 30 meters. Just my thoughts

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Jerry N9AVY

Afraid their is a "gentlemen's agreement" about "No Contesting" on WARC bands  (12/17/30m ). This provides a safe place for ops to go during contests. Whether it's an "agreement" or "rule" it's a good thing.

Jerry   n9avy

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 11:27:49 AM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

I wish there was more activity on 30. Its a great band and one of my favorites. Wish the TDW contest or any of our contests would allow 30 meters. Just my thoughts

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

There's no agreement, either written or of a gentlemen's type that says we can't have an "operating event" on 30m, 17m or 12m.
We'd be working on, and assisting new members, and old crusty members alike with achieving the various WARC band stickers and acknowledgements that the Club offers.
The software is already in place, and I think we've done it before.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Afraid their is a "gentlemen's agreement" about "No Contesting" on WARC bands  (12/17/30m ). This provides a safe place for ops to go during contests. Whether it's an "agreement" or "rule" it's a good thing.

Jerry   n9avy

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 11:27:49 AM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

I wish there was more activity on 30. Its a great band and one of my favorites. Wish the TDW contest or any of our contests would allow 30 meters. Just my thoughts

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Steve W3HF

I think we've had an "Endorsement Daze" event on the WARC bands in the past. Maybe it's time for another (after the TDW is over).

Oh, thought there was an "unwritten agreement".  There must be something which keeps contesters off WARC Bands....

Jerry  n9avy

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 01:28:49 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

[...]

David Tucker

I agree Steve. 30 as I said is a good band.

On 6/2/2021 1:42 PM, Steve W3HF wrote:
I think we've had an "Endorsement Daze" event on the WARC bands in the past. Maybe it's time for another (after the TDW is over).

David Tucker

Hey sounds good Milt. Look forward to activity to increase on 30.

73 Dave NU4N 1657

On 6/2/2021 1:28 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
[...]

The "unwritten agreement" as I understand it (which is tricky since it's not written down!) only applies to contesting. Something like an Endorsement Daze (which I think is a good example of what Milt called an "operating event") shouldn't be considered a contest as no one is keeping score, there are no formal rules published, etc. It's much more like an informal, one-time roundtable.

Jeremy Allen

I remember this exact debate in the very early days of the TDW (2002 or 2003?) and it was agreed that we'd avoid the WARC bands for any activity with a score.  However, if there is no scoring involved, there would be no reason not to have a set period of time to concentrate club efforts on a particular band.

I love 30M, especially when I am on the ship, and even have a dedicated dipole for the band here at home.

73
Jeremy N1ZZZ

malcolm heard

There is a ham on 17 that hosts a prorogation event very informal and not quite a structured net.  People make contacts.  May be daily.  Something like that for psk would be interesting.

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 9:19 AM Jeremy Allen via groups.io <jcaoy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I remember this exact debate in the very early days of the TDW (2002 or 2003?) and it was agreed that we'd avoid the WARC bands for any activity with a score.  However, if there is no scoring involved, there would be no reason not to have a set period of time to concentrate club efforts on a particular band.

I love 30M, especially when I am on the ship, and even have a dedicated dipole for the band here at home.

73
Jeremy N1ZZZ

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.