Can someone help?

Rick - N7WE

WS8G posted the following to the ContestGroup.  Since this group has many more members than the ContestGroup, I'm re-posting it over here in hopes that someone who knows FLDIGI can jump in and give Rick the answer he needs.  Today is the last day to post logs, and I'd hate to see him miss out on getting the credits he deserves.  Thanks in advance.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Re: St. Pat's Logs Due
 imrisk@... 10:43am   #6143  
Im having trouble with my international contacts in the St Patty’s contest.  They are all showing up as an error.  

The log shows ?? for DXCCPREFIX for each of them.  I have tried several ways to log the countries in the DXCC ADIF column.  I don’t see any column in the ADIF which lists K for the US states… Maybe the logger is generating them.  I don’t see an available column for DXCCPREFIX in FLDIGI. 

My countries are Canada, Dom Republic, Cuba, Columbia, and Venezuela.  I’ve tried country abbreviations (CA, DM, CU, CO, VE) in the country ADIF field and VO, HI, CO, HK, and YV in the DXCC column.  

I’m sure I am doing something dumb.  

Software: FLDIGI.  

Any help appreciated. 

Rick (WS8G)
--

Stephen Melachrinos

Rick -

The checker wants DXCC, not DXCCPREFIX. DXCC is a one, two, or three digit integer that represents uniquely the DXCC entity. Canada is 1, and US is 291.

I don't know FLDIGI so I don't know how it gets that info to put into the ADIF, but that's what you are looking for.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 23, 2019 3:19 pm
Subject: [070Club] Can someone help?

WS8G posted the following to the ContestGroup.  Since this group has many more members than the ContestGroup, I'm re-posting it over here in hopes that someone who knows FLDIGI can jump in and give Rick the answer he needs.  Today is the last day to post logs, and I'd hate to see him miss out on getting the credits he deserves.  Thanks in advance.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Im having trouble with my international contacts in the St Patty’s contest.  They are all showing up as an error.  

The log shows ?? for DXCCPREFIX for each of them.  I have tried several ways to log the countries in the DXCC ADIF column.  I don’t see any column in the ADIF which lists K for the US states… Maybe the logger is generating them.  I don’t see an available column for DXCCPREFIX in FLDIGI. 

My countries are Canada, Dom Republic, Cuba, Columbia, and Venezuela.  I’ve tried country abbreviations (CA, DM, CU, CO, VE) in the country ADIF field and VO, HI, CO, HK, and YV in the DXCC column.  

Any help appreciated. 

Rick (WS8G)
--

Larry Rockne #404

Hi Rick,

I don't know FLDigi that well. but have not had any problems uploading to David's scorer.

Here's what  do, Bring up FLDig, go to, at the top left, click on 'Logbook, => ADIF => click
on 'Export'. A new window with pop up. On the left side all your log data. Click off all the
ST. Pat's contacts, 0n the left side of the window is the info you want contained in the ADIF
 be sure and check the State, province and country and other info you want. then clickclick 'OK'.
Another window will pop up and you can save it within FLDigi. I prefer to go to a Flash drive, and 
save my file there.

One of these days, I will hook my computer to my radio, and bypass all this.

Hope this helps,
Larry WA7HDZ
LONP# 137

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 8:44 AM Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Rick -

The checker wants DXCC, not DXCCPREFIX. DXCC is a one, two, or three digit integer that represents uniquely the DXCC entity. Canada is 1, and US is 291.

I don't know FLDIGI so I don't know how it gets that info to put into the ADIF, but that's what you are looking for.

Steve
W3HF

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Any help appreciated. 

Rick (WS8G)
--

stan W9SMR

I think Steve has the right idea.

Edit your log to add the DXCC Number (Entity Code) in the DXCC block.

Canada 1
Dominican Republic 72
Cuba 70
Venezuela 148
Columbia 116

These Entity Codes are available thru ARRL for $5.95. Possibly other places?

I am looking for a way to automatically populate this block. If anyone knows how, I would appreciate your post.

I thought the CTY.DAT lookup might do it, but I must have it messed up somehow.

GL, 73,
Stan
W9SMR
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2019 11:44 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Can someone help?

Rick -

Steve
W3HF

WS8G posted the following to the ContestGroup. Since this group has many more members than the ContestGroup, I'm re-posting it over here in hopes that someone who knows FLDIGI can jump in and give Rick the answer he needs. Today is the last day to post logs, and I'd hate to see him miss out on getting the credits he deserves. Thanks in advance.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

imrisk@... 10:43am #6143
Im having trouble with my international contacts in the St Patty’s contest. They are all showing up as an error.

The log shows ?? for DXCCPREFIX for each of them. I have tried several ways to log the countries in the DXCC ADIF column. I don’t see any column in the ADIF which lists K for the US states… Maybe the logger is generating them. I don’t see an available column for DXCCPREFIX in FLDIGI.

My countries are Canada, Dom Republic, Cuba, Columbia, and Venezuela. I’ve tried country abbreviations (CA, DM, CU, CO, VE) in the country ADIF field and VO, HI, CO, HK, and YV in the DXCC column.

Any help appreciated.

Rick (WS8G)
--

Jerry N9AVY

I use ACLog by N3FJP and it automatically populates those fields.  Think most programs do that as well.   Think with FLIDIGI that may have been an oversight.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:35 PM

Canada  1

Dominican Republic   72

Cuba  70

Venezuela  148

Columbia   116

I am looking for a way to automatically populate this block. If anyone knows how, I would appreciate your post.

GL, 73,

Stan

W9SMR

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io <melachri@...>

Rick -

Steve

W3HF

Rick - N7WE

070 - #1602

imrisk@... 10:43am   #6143

Any help appreciated.

Rick (WS8G)

--

Stephen Melachrinos

Stan -

Yes, ARRL sells a printed copy of the DXCC list for $5.95. But you can download a text file version of the entire entities list (current and deleted) at

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2019_Current_Deleted(2).txt

The entity codes are in farthest right column. Since it's a rigidly-formatted text file, you might be able to import it into some programs.

And glad to see that Rick WS8G was able to make it work.

Steve
W3HF 

To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Canada  1
Dominican Republic  72
Cuba  70
Venezuela  148
Columbia  116

GL, 73,
Stan
W9SMR

Rick -

Steve
W3HF

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

imrisk@... 10:43am  #6143

Any help appreciated.

Rick (WS8G)
--

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 02:35 PM, stan robinson wrote:

GL, 73,
Stan
W9SMR

Stan
I can confirm the HRD logbook extracts DXCC from the Country file.
cheers
Barry