From: <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Robert Motyl <bobmotyl@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 4:25 PM
To: "070Club@groups.io" <070Club@groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] Maidenhead Grid Map

I would like to share something I created in Excel.  It is a representation of the continental us using grid squares.  I use it to keep track of my PSK grid contacts.  I highlight the appropriate squares.  Not sure anyone is interested.  Let me know.  Not sure if I can attach the files but I will try.

A great New Year to all.
Bob KK6KMU

David, K9DWR

On Jan 2, 2019, at 15:29, Stephen Horan <sjhoran@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. I was thinking of something similar today!
73
Steve, NM4SH

From: <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Robert Motyl <bobmotyl@cox.net>

I would like to share something I created in Excel. It is a representation of the continental us using grid squares. I use it to keep track of my PSK grid contacts. I highlight the appropriate squares. Not sure anyone is interested. Let me know. Not sure if I can attach the files but I will try.

That’s a pretty cool visual way to track it. :-)

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Jerry N9AVY

Bob:

Nice.  However, it show up as a read only file and can’t seem to color in squares I’ve worked.  Probably my fault as I’m not as well versed on Excel as I would like to be.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I would like to share something I created in Excel.  It is a representation of the continental us using grid squares.  I use it to keep track of my PSK grid contacts.  I highlight the appropriate squares.  Not sure anyone is interested.  Let me know.  Not sure if I can attach the files but I will try.

A great New Year to all.
Bob KK6KMU

Bob, that would be nice...Thanks in advance.
Milt
N6MG
070-650
LONP 76

From: <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Robert Motyl <bobmotyl@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 4:25 PM
To: "070Club@groups.io" <070Club@groups.io>

I would like to share something I created in Excel.  It is a representation of the continental us using grid squares.  I use it to keep track of my PSK grid contacts.  I highlight the appropriate squares.  Not sure anyone is interested.  Let me know.  Not sure if I can attach the files but I will try.

A great New Year to all.
Bob KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

I looked at the file Jerry and it is not read only protected.  Here is the file saved as a .xlzx format.

Bob KK6KMU

Jerry N9AVY

Bob:

Think the problem may be that I’m using Open Office and Excel may not be compatible.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I looked at the file Jerry and it is not read only protected.  Here is the file saved as a .xlzx format.

Bob KK6KMU

Jeff Steinkamp

Jerry, it opens fine in Libre Office, which is the replacement for Open Office.  The file is and Excel file that is XML formatted and the older Open Office will not read it.

here is the download for LibreOffice.  you will want the version 6.0.7

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

--
Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Jerry - Try LibreOffice. That is compatible and it is also free.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 2, 2019, at 7:43 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Bob:

Think the problem may be that I’m using Open Office and Excel may not be compatible.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I looked at the file Jerry and it is not read only protected.  Here is the file saved as a .xlzx format.

Bob KK6KMU

<F9201D0EE0B84F328C581A2EA5AD40AA.png>

All I can think of to say is...

"In the Land of the Blind...The man with one eye is King!"

W6QP

From: Robert Motyl <bobmotyl@...>
Date: 1/2/19 16:25 (GMT-05:00)
To: 070Club@groups.io

I would like to share something I created in Excel.  It is a representation of the continental us using grid squares.  I use it to keep track of my PSK grid contacts.  I highlight the appropriate squares.  Not sure anyone is interested.  Let me know.  Not sure if I can attach the files but I will try.

A great New Year to all.
Bob KK6KMU

Matthew King - AK4MK

Paul - while that would be nice to have, it'd have to be updated every day (or night) in order to remain current.  QRZ discourages such regular automated things as it ties up their query systems.

Other attempts to automatically query the QRZ database have been only semi-successful, with random errors and lack of information returned being the big two things, with neither rhyme nor reason being evident.

Besides that, some of the grid information in QRZ is inaccurate, as it's derived through geo-location rather than user supplied information.

Sorry for the less than encouraging response...

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 11:51 AM Paul Milward <nu4c@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

Thanks Matt, Now I know so I'll just keep on keepin' on.
73
Paul NU4C

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

I would like to share something I created in Excel.  It is a representation of the continental us using grid squares.  I use it to keep track of my PSK grid contacts.  I highlight the appropriate squares.  Not sure anyone is interested.  Let me know.  Not sure if I can attach the files but I will try.

A great New Year to all.
Bob KK6KMU

Jerry N9AVY

Also, people move and while they change their addresses, the grid sometimes don’t change  or if they enter the grid it is sometimes in error.  Don’t trust QRZ  too much.