IT’S NEW FOR 2019! IT’S HUGE! IT’S GREAT!

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

WHAT? – A new season-long competition to name an overall winner for our contest year – It’s the new Rollo Cup Contest Championship (RC3)!

HOW? – Just enter one or more of the ten 2019 070 Club Contests.  You will automatically be entered in the Rollo Cup Contest Championship!  Obviously, the more contests you enter, the higher your score will be.  Points will be awarded for each of the 10 Club Contests and the highest point total for the year will determine the RC3 Champion.  Scoring is weighted by a number of factors. The complete rules and scoring can be found here (RC3 RULES).

WHY? – The 070 Club has a long history of sponsored contests with recognition of winners for each contest.  But we have never had Top Dawg for the entire year. This new competition will promote more participation in each Club contest and recognize outstanding efforts throughout the entire contest season.

WHEN? – The RC3 begins with the 2019 PSK Fest and runs through the 2019 Triple Play Low Band Sprint Doubleheader.  A Leader Board page showing current standings can be found here (2019 LEADER BOARD) and will be updated after each contest.

WHY SHOULD I?  - Bragging rights!  Someone will be the Club Contest Champion! And each year's RC3 Champion will receive a special certificate, a Rollo Dog Tag, and an Engraved Silver Revere Cup Trophy!  Second and third place will receive special certificates and Rollo Dog Tags, and fourth through tenth place will receive special certificates and bold face marking on the following year’s RC3 Leader Board.

This new competition has been in the planning stages for several years!  I am very pleased to finally announce it, and hope you enjoy this new “Race for the Rollo Cup!”

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

So does the 2019 Top Dawg get the 2019 Title after the contests are over  o does he/she get to reign as Top Dawg in 2020 until there is a 2020 winner ??? Should he/she be addressed as “Your Top Dawgness “  ???    Just curious .

Jerry  N9AVY

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I nominate “Your Most Altitudinous Canine Majesty” as the appropriate title

-p

On Dec 29, 2018, at 10:17 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

<3032C70C05874C7FA2BCF986332496A6.png>

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

No no no
The correct form of address was, is, and always will be:
*Your Royal Dawgness*

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

[...]

Jerry N9AVY

“Your Imperial Royal Dawgness”

[...]

While I *really* like " Your Most Altitudinous Canine Majesty ", I think we'll stick with "RC3 Top Dawg" as the OFFICIAL title.

Each year's RC3 Top Dawg will be recognized at the end of that year's contest season and will hold the title for that year forever. At the beginning of the next contest season, the RC3 slate will be wiped clean, with the contests for that year beginning to populate the leader board.

You can think of RC3 basically like the points chases/championships in NASCAR, Indy Car, NHRA, etc... Each race has a winner, but then there is a champion for the whole shebang at the end of the season.

Happy New Year everybody!