xmas 25/25

Jerry N9AVY

After woking a bunch last night , worked enough this morning ()before troops descended to unwrap gifts) to get the 25 needed.  Tried to hand out club call, K9ATI (1808) to all 070 members I recognized. Conditions were rough at times, so some may not have got K9ATI… sorry.

Already approved endorsements for ON & EB stations ;  think I was (unashamedly) the first U.S. to reach the 25.   Know that others have also reached the 25 and will drop by to make further approvals as day goes by.

Thanks to all who worked me.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Geary McDowell

Good job Jerry and thanks for your call and the club call.  I thought I was going to make it, but 1) fell a few short, too much time cooking in the kitchen, 2) realized about noon Oklahoma time I could have started at 0000 Christmas Eve and 3) when reviewing my log I see all contacts from Christmas Eve night were FT8 NOT PSK.  HI HI

I have fun though and it was GREAT to see so many stations on 20M and 40M, the only places I was.

73 to all,
Geary KE5IRK

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 3:45 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

After woking a bunch last night , worked enough this morning ()before troops descended to unwrap gifts) to get the 25 needed.  Tried to hand out club call, K9ATI (1808) to all 070 members I recognized. Conditions were rough at times, so some may not have got K9ATI… sorry.

Already approved endorsements for ON & EB stations ;  think I was (unashamedly) the first U.S. to reach the 25.   Know that others have also reached the 25 and will drop by to make further approvals as day goes by.

Thanks to all who worked me.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Jerry,

thanks for the club call QSO, but not even that helped me to get close to the 25 threshold - just not enough time between cooking and other family activities. I ended up with 14 valid QSO's (I had one duplicate, so 15 total for Christmas day). Even though I did not get close, I ended up adding six more 070 members to my log - only 37 more to go for LONP :)

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Jerry N9AVY

Karl:

You still won because you added 6 more members to your LONP total.   Between family obligations I tried to get on to help others after making my 25, but didn’t find much.   Perhaps there should be a part 2 to the Xmas 25 by using Orthodox Christmas which is in January ???

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

thanks for the club call QSO, but not even that helped me to get close to the 25 threshold - just not enough time between cooking and other family activities. I ended up with 14 valid QSO's (I had one duplicate, so 15 total for Christmas day). Even though I did not get close, I ended up adding six more 070 members to my log - only 37 more to go for LONP :)

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>

How about 1 on the one-th?   ;>)

Mike

WM4B

You still won because you added 6 more members to your LONP total.   Between family obligations I tried to get on to help others after making my 25, but didn’t find much.   Perhaps there should be a part 2 to the Xmas 25 by using Orthodox Christmas which is in January ???

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

thanks for the club call QSO, but not even that helped me to get close to the 25 threshold - just not enough time between cooking and other family activities. I ended up with 14 valid QSO's (I had one duplicate, so 15 total for Christmas day). Even though I did not get close, I ended up adding six more 070 members to my log - only 37 more to go for LONP :)

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Fr Richard R

Nativity is 7 January ☦️

Fr Richard

On Dec 26, 2018, at 11:56, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Karl:

You still won because you added 6 more members to your LONP total.   Between family obligations I tried to get on to help others after making my 25, but didn’t find much.   Perhaps there should be a part 2 to the Xmas 25 by using Orthodox Christmas which is in January ???

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

thanks for the club call QSO, but not even that helped me to get close to the 25 threshold - just not enough time between cooking and other family activities. I ended up with 14 valid QSO's (I had one duplicate, so 15 total for Christmas day). Even though I did not get close, I ended up adding six more 070 members to my log - only 37 more to go for LONP :)

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

<3F976D28356444378FFEF8B2169EEED2.png>

Jerry N9AVY

Fr. Richard:

Was thinking the 6, but glad you said 7th.   Also had 15th in mind, but think that’s something else.

Thanks for correction !

[...]

As most Eastern Orthodox like the Russian Orthodox (but not all Orthodox like the Greeks) go by the Old Calendar(Julian) which means most things are 13 days different.

Easter/Pascha is different though.

Thus 25 December for the Old Calendar is 7 January on the New Calendar (Gregorian).

Fr Richard
WB8YXF

On Dec 26, 2018, at 13:25, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

<B014CBC71258467FAE768E84C976B2DB.png>

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Jerry, I saw you a few times but could not get you.  Maybe next year.

Dave H
1692/381

Jerry N9AVY

Dave:

Think there may have been some one-way propagation because I never saw you.  Would have liked to work you.