From: Bill Garwood
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:52 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Christmas 2018 Endorsement

Hi folks,  I think we have a Christmas 2018 endorsement available again this year?  When I go to the website and the available endorsements page, it comes up mostly blank.  I was looking for details.  I hope to see a lot of PSK folks on the air on the 25th.

Happy Radio!

Bill N4GBK

Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...>

Well, we'll see. As usual, nobody on the air this morning that I can see here...
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Geary McDowell

Good morning Kenneth,
I was there.  HIHI Had to feed the dogs and came back and you were gone.  HI HI
I'm here until about 17:15 then I have to run.
73 Geary KE5IRK

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:48 AM Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...> wrote:
Well, we'll see. As usual, nobody on the air this morning that I can see here...
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Geary McDowell

Oppps sorry Kenneth, the daughter just came in and said let's go.  I try to work some PSK each morning sometime between 0800 and 1100 Oklahoma time, when the dogs let me.  HI HI
73 Geary KE5IRK

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:08 AM Geary McDowell via Groups.Io <ke5irk=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good morning Kenneth,
I was there.  HIHI Had to feed the dogs and came back and you were gone.  HI HI
I'm here until about 17:15 then I have to run.
73 Geary KE5IRK

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:48 AM Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...> wrote:
Well, we'll see. As usual, nobody on the air this morning that I can see here...
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
The way things are going here I am lucky to get one contact in a contest, never mind 25.
MC 7 HNY
Barry

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 04:57 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Christmas 2018 is still on my list on the checker.  Work 25 QSOs.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: K8TOMSent: Friday, December 21, 2018 11:48 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Christmas 2018 Endorsement

Barry,

Unless something very dramatic happens, we Northwest Coasters are out of the running on the 25 QSOs.  Even in the club events, a half dozen contacts has been exceptional for us.  My <guess> is that you have to be south of Sacramento to have much of a chance.  Ah, well.  Maybe there will be an opening to JA and VK.

Merry Christmas to all the 070-ers out there!

Tom
K8TOM
815

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’m in the PNW (you could just about throw a stone from my place and hit K8TOM, in fact).

I recall doing the Christmas Run last year and being successful, although I don’t see it on my endorsement page.  Not sure what’s up with that, as I have 26 entries in my log for last Christmas day.  I had a blast, as pretty much everyone who was QRV was in a fine mood.  Lots of folks describing their new radios.  Lots and lots of MCHNY.

 My first QSO that day was at 1936Z with WL7CG in Alaska.  My last was 2252Z with W4RPW in Tennessee. So, under 3 and a half hours for the entire effort.  Apparently I never shifted away from 20m.

As I recall I was running 30 watts into my OCFD at 30 feet - it’s not like I have a a fancy contest station.

The question, really, is how many folks will stray away from FT8.  But I will try to be on the air for a little while, for those folks who want to try.  Tom, you’re essentially ground wave to me.  Barry, 20m is tough as your signal goes right over my head, but if you shoot me an email I’d be happy to shift over to 80m where we would have a fine chance I think.  (You are in my log on 80m, 40m, 30m, and 12m. )

Regardless of whether folks get on the air or not, I hope you all have a FB Christmas and a prosperous and fun-filled NY.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 21, 2018, at 9:48 AM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Barry,

Unless something very dramatic happens, we Northwest Coasters are out of the running on the 25 QSOs.  Even in the club events, a half dozen contacts has been exceptional for us.  My <guess> is that you have to be south of Sacramento to have much of a chance.  Ah, well.  Maybe there will be an opening to JA and VK.

Merry Christmas to all the 070-ers out there!

Tom
K8TOM

Why would anyone want to throw a rock at Tom ???   He hasn’t done anything to warrant that !   😊

[...]

Paula K7PAX #1739

I will jump in for the PNW Christmas run! At least there will be a handful of us!

Paula K7PAX 1739

On Dec 21, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

<5C812EF5753B489C9310C458259925AA.png>

K8TOM

Thanks for the support, Jerry!

Paul, I had 28 contacts for 12/25 last year starting with KD8JSP on 40M and ending with WB8YXF on 20M, with New Hampshire to Alaska represented in the log.  I didn't get it done in as short a clock time as you as I was in and out of the shack with family events.

My sense from the last three or four PSK events, however, is that somehow our prop condx have deteriorated quite a bit lately.

That doesn't mean I won't be there to give it a good shot on the 25th, though!  My guess is that 40M might be our best bet this time around.

I hope to see you all there.

73,
Tom
K8TOM
815

Arthur Peters

And to you too Tom, Barry and the rest of the 070'ers....

73 es God Bless,

Art / K0ACP
1140

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 12:48 PM K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:
Barry,

Unless something very dramatic happens, we Northwest Coasters are out of the running on the 25 QSOs.  Even in the club events, a half dozen contacts has been exceptional for us.  My <guess> is that you have to be south of Sacramento to have much of a chance.  Ah, well.  Maybe there will be an opening to JA and VK.

Merry Christmas to all the 070-ers out there!

Tom
K8TOM

Tom:

Propagation seems strange as you said . Yesterday and today signal  from Europe to Midwest were on the weak side for many of the powerhouse stations I usually see (ON3ANY, DF9TW, etc.).  Think “contest”  the more RF we shoot into air, the better the propagation ???

Jerry  N9AVY

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Paul, I had 28 contacts for 12/25 last year starting with KD8JSP on 40M and ending with WB8YXF on 20M, with New Hampshire to Alaska represented in the log.  I didn't get it done in as short a clock time as you as I was in and out of the shack with family events.

My sense from the last three or four PSK events, however, is that somehow our prop condx have deteriorated quite a bit lately.

That doesn't mean I won't be there to give it a good shot on the 25th, though!  My guess is that 40M might be our best bet this time around.

I hope to see you all there.

73,
Tom
K8TOM

My plans are to be on 40/80 starting at 0001Z 12/25.  Want to get some on Christmas Eve, and then will try 20 meters Christmas Day.

Jim K5SP

On 12/21/2018 1:23 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

[...]

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...>

Oppps sorry Kenneth, the daughter just came in and said let's go.  I try to work some PSK each morning sometime between 0800 and 1100 Oklahoma time, when the dogs let me.  HI HI
73 Geary KE5IRK

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:08 AM Geary McDowell via Groups.Io <ke5irk=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good morning Kenneth,
I was there.  HIHI Had to feed the dogs and came back and you were gone.  HI HI
I'm here until about 17:15 then I have to run.
73 Geary KE5IRK

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:48 AM Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...> wrote:
Well, we'll see. As usual, nobody on the air this morning that I can see here...
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Geary,

Sorry I missed you! Actually managed to work a contact at hat morning! Just seems to be mostly empty bands most of the time. Oh well, pray for sunspots! :-)

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Tom
Too bad it is so difficult to work each other.
I suspect east of the mississippi may be an advantage.
merry xmas
Barry

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 09:48 AM, K8TOM wrote:
Barry,

Unless something very dramatic happens, we Northwest Coasters are out of the running on the 25 QSOs.  Even in the club events, a half dozen contacts has been exceptional for us.  My <guess> is that you have to be south of Sacramento to have much of a chance.  Ah, well.  Maybe there will be an opening to JA and VK.

Merry Christmas to all the 070-ers out there!

Tom
K8TOM

Barry:

Don’t count on that.  Propagation may be equally bad all over.