From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Bolstad K9DEB
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:12 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] ZY7NTL Bogus Call????

Seen a  ZY7NTL  call sign a few times and made contact with the station. Replies he QSLs by LOTW and info is on qrz.com.
Check both the call is not listed, no info.  Indicates station is in Brazil.

Anybody else see this station???   This ligit call sign?

Don K9DEB  #2007

Irv [K3IRV] McWherter

I just worked him, solid signal into NC, but he is very light on the information that
I cannot confirm.  Possibly a new call?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 1:27 PM Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

>>> This ligit call sign?

Most likely not.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

Seen a  ZY7NTL  call sign a few times and made contact with the station. Replies he QSLs by LOTW and info is on qrz.com.
Check both the call is not listed, no info.  Indicates station is in Brazil.

Anybody else see this station???   This ligit call sign?

Don K9DEB  #2007

Jerry N9AVY

QRZ doesn’t always list all DX callsigns.  It doesn’t mean that it’s a pirate.  They can only list the info as received.

Jerry   n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

Seen a  ZY7NTL  call sign a few times and made contact with the station. Replies he QSLs by LOTW and info is on qrz.com.
Check both the call is not listed, no info.  Indicates station is in Brazil.

Anybody else see this station???   This ligit call sign?

Don K9DEB  #2007

Gove Ronald

saw the call a few minutes ago.  made contact but the signal was very poor and like others no real info.

On Dec 20, 2018, at 3:25 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

QRZ doesn’t always list all DX callsigns.  It doesn’t mean that it’s a pirate.  They can only list the info as received.

Jerry   n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

Seen a  ZY7NTL  call sign a few times and made contact with the station. Replies he QSLs by LOTW and info is on qrz.com.
Check both the call is not listed, no info.  Indicates station is in Brazil.

Anybody else see this station???   This ligit call sign?

Don K9DEB  #2007

<C40D31010E5D4B55A434047A63BD7AB5.png>

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I don't see any info on QRZ.  Saw the signal but could not work the station.

The search for "ZY7NTL" produced no results.

ZY7NTL looks like a callsign from Brazil (DXCC Entity #108).

Rick - N7WE

This does look questionable.  I searched several callsign databases besides QRZ and could not find the call listed.  Interestingly, I was also unable to find any spots of them from outside the USA.  I would think a Brazilian station would have at least some closer in spots - like Argentina, Venezuela, Panama, etc.  Someone mentioned ZY7NTL said on air that they QSLed via LoTW.  Anyone seen a confirmation from them pop up there?  Anyone get a QTH more specific than Brazil or a grid as part of the exchange?

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

This is from LOTW when I search for the call sign:

Logbook Call Sign Activity

Here you can query Logbook to find out the last time log data was uploaded for a particular call sign.

Last upload for ZY7NTL: No log data found

So yes, questionable.

Karl Heinz - K5KHK