Helping a friend

Rick - N7WE

Jerry-
I vote for Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) and Simon's last free version (5.24.38) is still available at a number of web sites.  Google "old free version of Ham Radio Deluxe".  It includes DM780, and while it does not have all the bells and whistles of the current paid version, it STILL is a great program.  Log book, rig control (not available with just a Signalink - need something like microHam USB), virtually all the digital modes except the WSJT-X stuff, alarms - audio through your computer sound card (070 member and LONP download files are available on hamclubs.info).  Logbook has ADIF converter that works FB for 070 Progress Checker uploads.

After HRD changed some players and got things straightened out a couple of years ago, I went ahead and bought the new version (which during the "troubles" I swore I'd never do).  IMHO it is well worth the one time fee. Support is included for the first year, but don't bother with the "annual support subscription." Once you have it up and running, I have found no need for support.  And the updates, bug fixes, etc are free to licensees.  There are a TON of users out there and an internet plea for help generally answers any problem without needing their technical support.

So my vote is get the old version, use it for a while, and if you like it upgrade to the paid version.  My 2 cents.  Hope you get him up and going in short order.  Look forward to working him - 070 #437 definitely qualifies as an Old Time 070er!

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
I will echo what Rick said. I still use HRD5.0 Final Free Swiss Build.
If you cant find it I will help you. During the 1st year of US ownership I swore
I would never re-invest in it. I was one of the 1st to buy in and one of the
1st to ask for a refund. I tried to make it work for one year, to no avail.
The only thing missing is a Cabrillo file generator. I am still trying to find an
easy way to handle that.
GL de Barry

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

I fee your pain, Barry.  However it seems like they finally got all the hiccups out with the new build.

I’ve tried other software and always come back to the HRD suite.

Another country heard from,
73 de Eric, KG6MZS
'