Helping a friend (070# 437) get back on PSK31 after several years absence. He's using a Yaesu 450D with a Signalink USB. Forgot what software he's using at the moment, but he's not happy with it and is looking for different FREE software .

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I moved from Digipan to Fldigi a few years ago.  I'm happy with the autologging with Fldigi.  It works well for me and my Yaesu 450AT and SignaLink USB.

K7DWI Art

Hi John,
My answer is, whichever one you are confidant in helping Elmer your friend.
I have used Digipan forever, Hamscope and DM780 as well.
I really liked the older version of Digipan.... sorry it's gone and out of date.

But when it comes to operating different flavors, logging and ease of operating I have become a fan of FLDigi.
I recently did a demonstration to new Hams of various modes and also CW, including logging and uploading.
I used FLDigi for most, except for FT8.

Again, use what you can explain. When we do "31 Flavors" again, I think FLDigi would be best. Just click and shoot :)
73 Art KA5DWI #2518

W7RIV

I like DXLab Suite. They have a great log book, digital package, and much more.

Bryon, W7RIV

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
Subject line is for condensed version.
Text body for all details.
cheers
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

TNX  John !

Jerry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I run the FT 817D and FT 450D here on ALL digital modes,
both use the same SignalLink I/O cable and patch headder.
My PSK 31 software is DigiPan 2004, before DigiPan was G3PLX. Yes tried ALL the others, $$ and free on win XP thru win 10, always came back to DigiPan. Only drawback .. lousy logger .. history lQQkup is great but field and format just awful, N1MM+ solved all my problems.  N1MM+ is also the best thing that ever happened to Field Day.

72, 73
John
N3AAZ
070/1337/0349
ham    1956
retired 1997

John Kirby

I run the FT 817D and FT 450D here on ALL digital modes,
both use the same SignalLink I/O cable and patch headder.
My PSK 31 software is DigiPan 2004, before DigiPan was G3PLX. Yes tried ALL the others, $$ and free on win XP thru win 10, always came back to DigiPan. Only drawback .. lousy logger .. history lQQkup is great but field and format just awful, N1MM+ solved all my problems.  N1MM+ is also the best thing that ever happened to Field Day.

72, 73
John
N3AAZ
070/1337/0349
ham    1956
retired 1997

Jerry N9AVY

If anyone is using the Yaesu 450D and has any suggestions on FREE software or any ideas of using the 450D on digital I’d appreciate your comments.

TIA,

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10