From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick - N7WE
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 11:02 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] That Texas DL88

I was dinking around on the ARRL International Grid Chase website this morning - No I am NOT playing in that effort - and stumbled across a feature that tells you how many times a certain grid has been worked since their contest started Jan 1, 2018.  So I thought I'd plug in my most troubling grid - DL88 in the Big Bend National Park in Texas and see what was happening.

Ten months in and it has NOT been worked; not once, not on any band or any mode,not by anyone!  It is a tough one!

Just checked because I thought I may have worked it on NPOTA, but never did.   Surprised no one went out there for NPOTA event.   There are a lot of grids unworked in Texas.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Very interesting Rick! That sounds like a challenge!

Paula K7PAX #1739

I was dinking around on the ARRL International Grid Chase website this morning - No I am NOT playing in that effort - and stumbled across a feature that tells you how many times a certain grid has been worked since their contest started Jan 1, 2018.  So I thought I'd plug in my most troubling grid - DL88 in the Big Bend National Park in Texas and see what was happening.

Ten months in and it has NOT been worked; not once, not on any band or any mode,not by anyone!  It is a tough one!

Stephen Melachrinos

Jerry -

I had posted a few weeks ago that I think KE5JL did put DL88 on the air for NPOTA, but that would have been in 2016, before the start of the ARRL Grid Chase statistics. By the time I got him (30 Apr 2016) he was in DL89.

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
I was dinking around on the ARRL International Grid Chase website this morning - No I am NOT playing in that effort - and stumbled across a feature that tells you how many times a certain grid has been worked since their contest started Jan 1, 2018.  So I thought I'd plug in my most troubling grid - DL88 in the Big Bend National Park in Texas and see what was happening.

Ten months in and it has NOT been worked; not once, not on any band or any mode,not by anyone!  It is a tough one!
Rick
Any chance you could work up some more of that mojo and see if anyone has wrkd DM32/DM31.
I am hearing some rumours of a tentative expedition by one of our members. (not me).
TVM
Barry

Rick - N7WE

Here you go Barry-
DM32 - worked 3264 times
DM31 - worked 48 times

It doesn't show you mode or bands, just total number of time it was confirmed in LoTW.  Here's the URL.  https://igc.arrl.org/grid-counts.php

Fr Richard R

I’m thinking some of us may need to think about an in CONUS Expedition to Big Bend and travel down that dirt road and setup for the day??!! Maybe some day or days next year.....
A Field Day of sorts.

The Grid needs to be activated at least once....

On Oct 28, 2018, at 17:55, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Here you go Barry-
DM32 - worked 3264 times
DM31 - worked 48 times

It doesn't show you mode or bands, just total number of time it was confirmed in LoTW.  Here's the URL.  https://igc.arrl.org/grid-counts.php

Steve:

Got KE5JL on 4/13/16  and he was in DL89.  Think I had also missed him in DL88.  Don’t really care about ARRL Grid Chase and haven’t participated in it.  We need more PSK31 action.

[...]

Yes, I think he was in DL88 earlier that year, and I missed him there too.

[...]

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 28, 2018, at 4:29 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote: