KC3EF 10/26/18 Report

Richard Rohrer

Today was a busy day for grid hunting/providing.  Worked Barry, Matt, and Rick in all four grids today.  When I saw the email from Barry that he need DN80 and that it was not very far off the direction of travel, the XYL said we could make a course change.  Went to Julesburg, CO and gave out the grid to several.  We had not worked Barry as of yet, so the XYL after seeing the email about favorable direction for the mini-van antenna was looking to park in a direction that would favor Barry.  Finally worked him and then Rick appeared just when I was going to shut down for lunch.

Hit the road again and did not work much until DN91 and then had a quick trip thru DN90.

Propagation did not favor the mid-West so did not see Jerry, N9AVY or Peter, NN9K who I worked several times yesterday.

Grids for tomorrow are:  EN00, EN10, EN20, EN29, EN39, EN38 and EN37.  Heading from Grand Island, NE to Springfield, MO.  I plan on call from each grid, since I have decided to keep track of every grid I have made a contact from, so I can see how many grids I have activated.

The XYL and I have had fun activating the grids and she gets very concerned when we miss one of the regulars.  Planning March/April trip along the South Texas coast to Big Bend and various parts of Louisiana.  Also planning a Fall trip to Park City UT then to Las Vegas, NV and then down to NM again.  If there are needed grids in these area let me know and we will see if they fit the travel plans.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Stephen Melachrinos

Dick -

I'm disappointed that my work schedule has prevented me from working you in most of the grids. I'm glad you were able to work so many others.

Regarding tomorrow, I'm guessing you were on an "EN roll", because I suspect that you are moving from the EN field to the EM field when you leave EN20. (EN20 is not adjacent to EN29, and your original email announcement had all the rest of your grids as EMs.)

Grids for tomorrow are:  EN00, EN10, EN20, EN29, EN39, EN38 and EN37.  Heading from Grand Island, NE to Springfield, MO.  I plan on call from each grid, since I have decided to keep track of every grid I have made a contact from, so I can see how many grids I have activated.

Richard Rohrer

Hi Steve,

You are right I missed the DN/DM grid change.  Guess I need my glasses changed, hi hi.  Sorry did not get to QSO with you on this trip.

73
Dick -KC3EF