KC3EF Report for 10/03/18

Richard Rohrer

Today seemed to have its ups and downs for propagation.  Worked N7WE twice, KD9HAV, W9SMR/9, KD9KHI, N8LIS, KC4DM, and V9UN.  Going thru the mountains and canyons seemed to have an effect on radio transmissions.  Propagation seemed to favor South and the mid West.

Sorry Stan, I did not pickup that you need DM55, so we were listening to a book on tape and watching the scenery.

Tomorrows grids are: DM37, DM38, DM28, DM29, and DN20.  We are staying in DM37 so I will probably be on around 8:30 MDT or 10:30 EDT.  We are heading from Kanab, UT to Great Basin, NV and then up to Elko, NV.  I may not have access to send emails when we change grids.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Good Morning Dick-

Thanks for another good "Grid Day" yesterday for this "stuck-in-Florida" guy.  You are in a very wonderful part of the country and I'm jealous!  Sure would like to be out there again.  Yes, you are right.  When we were traveling, I was amazed to learn how much close in terrain effects propagation.  The another thing I found different was what it was like to be in a noise-free environment.  RF pollution has really increased over the years, but you don't realize it until you get out in places like that where there is virtually none.  Guess it is like the old "boiling the frog" story.

I only need DM28 on your list for today.  But I will be monitoring and posting to this reflector when I see you.  Safe travels again today!  Hope you work a bunch.

At 1617 UTC:
Been monitoring 20m since 1430 UTC (10:30 EDT) and have not seen a trace for Dick.  Anyone else picked him up?

Bill Garwood

Nothing here in northeastern NC.  Been looking for him all week with nothing.  Quite a few EU stations on again today including some kind of Enigma contest for the Italians.

73,

Bill N4GBK FM16

Sent from Mail for Windows 10