Topics

25 contacts on 20m

Jerry N9AVY

Whew !   20m was a real bear today .  Signal would come & go ... mostly go because I missed a bunch of station.  The real challenge was KE0CEN/7 who said he was in Iowa which is a tough shot from Northern Illinois because it's close in.  Lost quite a few station who called me, but got enough for 25.

Milt , N6MG, won the Special Prize for California today !

73,

Jerry  N9AVY

Michael KE0CEN

Jerry,
   Well, I wrote a detailed reply to this post, then my browser crashed before I could send it. Very sorry for the miscommunication Jerry. I was operating as KE0CEN/7 as I was in Phoenix, Az on vacation. I was trying to tell you I was NOT in Iowa, but the NOT part got lost in the ether. So I was in Az when we made contact. I will try very hard to make contact next time I see your call from home, it is easy to remember.

  Again, sorry for any part I played in the confusion and congrats on the 25, I worked about 3 hours and only got 11, but had fun trying.

73,
   Michael KE0CEN

Jerry N9AVY

Michael:

No problem.  Figured out you were in AZ from the /7  identifier.  Made correction in my log.  You signal was good enough to get name & signal report; then everything went to pot with your signal.

BTW, you down the road from my old friend Dale , WA9ENA, who is up kind of Northeast from you. Looks to be a short distance on the map, but maps are misleading - ha-ha !

Also, don't need your Grid, but need grids further West; so don't sweat it..  Another 9-land friend is around Sioux Falls, but never hear him.

73,  Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, December 27, 2020, 12:43:28 PM CST, Michael KE0CEN <mlhagema@...> wrote:

Jerry,
   Well, I wrote a detailed reply to this post, then my browser crashed before I could send it. Very sorry for the miscommunication Jerry. I was operating as KE0CEN/7 as I was in Phoenix, Az on vacation. I was trying to tell you I was NOT in Iowa, but the NOT part got lost in the ether. So I was in Az when we made contact. I will try very hard to make contact next time I see your call from home, it is easy to remember.

  Again, sorry for any part I played in the confusion and congrats on the 25, I worked about 3 hours and only got 11, but had fun trying.

73,

   Michael KE0CEN

ON2AD Pat

I started 25 Dec 2020 at 08:37 to 19:18 UTC.
Worked:
20M and 40M band
results (very poor for a day):
34 QSOs
17 DXCCs
04 Continents - AF - AS - EU -NA
07 WAZ
09 ITU
29 WPX

I worked only one USA station, the conditions on that day were weak and there was a lot of QSB on some signals.

I hope my log is received

I wish everyone a Happy New Year in good health

73 de Pat ON2AD (PODX070-703)

Stephen Melachrinos

Pat -

I have your log and it is good.

So far I have received qualifying logs from the following:

AC1JR
AG4QX
EB3JT
K3ALB
K3YES
K4VBM
K5SP
KA5VZG
KB3RAN
KC3FL
KC4OBB
KD9DVB
KE4PWE
KK6KMU
KO4EJD
KR4U
N5SLY
N6MG
N6PCD
N7WE
N9AVY
NN9K
ON2AD
W0JSL
W3HF
WA3WZR

I also received emails logs from a few stations who did not make 25 QSOs but wanted to say that they participated.

Thank you for the efforts in making the logs readable and usable for manual processing. And keep them coming!

I started 25 Dec 2020 at 08:37 to 19:18 UTC.
Worked:
20M and 40M band
results (very poor for a day):
34 QSOs
17 DXCCs
04 Continents - AF - AS - EU -NA
07 WAZ
09 ITU
29 WPX

I worked only one USA station, the conditions on that day were weak and there was a lot of QSB on some signals.

I hope my log is received

I wish everyone a Happy New Year in good health

73 de Pat ON2AD (PODX070-703)

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Thanks for the confirmation of log receipt.  I was able to make 32 contacts.  15 on 40 and 17 on 20.  15 US states in about 5.5 hours operating time.

Sometimes it was like pulling teeth to get a confirmed qso but that's what makes these events fun.

Dave
KB3RAN
1692/381
APE Event Mgr.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Steve,
Thanks for posting the callsign's of the stations that have submitted logs thus far.
For my "post-operating-event-log-analysis", it's of value to see who was actually on, vs who I was able to work & get in my log.
I look forward to seeing the full list when that happens.
N6MG
070-650

I started 25 Dec 2020 at 08:37 to 19:18 UTC.
Worked:
20M and 40M band
results (very poor for a day):
34 QSOs
17 DXCCs
04 Continents - AF - AS - EU -NA
07 WAZ
09 ITU
29 WPX

I worked only one USA station, the conditions on that day were weak and there was a lot of QSB on some signals.

I hope my log is received

I wish everyone a Happy New Year in good health

73 de Pat ON2AD (PODX070-703)

Eric KG6MZS

On 12/28/20 11:19 AM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:

Milt.
N6MG

Milt, I just realized that your call might be extremely valuable to one of us SOTA guys.  ;-)