Contact made

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Thanks to W8CON, Ray I got my contact for today .. Wow, the bands are terrible so far!!!

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Rick - N7WE

Dan-

Glad that you got your contact!  Yes, the propagation is pretty bad right now, but I think a lot of people are either just not getting on or have migrated to FT8 since it is so much easier when prop is poor.  I have to own that I'm in the first category.  Haven't been on as much as I should/could.

Haven't seen you upload a log since May 27, but if you have filled all the days you needed since that last upload, by my calculations, you only need 10/20 and 10/21 to complete 366!  I've marked the calendar and will be looking for you about 0000 UTC on both those days!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Thanks Rick — Nah,  I goofed up because of my knee surgery and I missed 6 and 7 June, so I’ll need to wait until then to complete it but I will upload a log soon.  I’ve only got 4 days left to fill in:  12 and 19 Oct and then the 6 and 7 June --

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 21, 2018, at 10:13 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Dan-

Glad that you got your contact!  Yes, the propagation is pretty bad right now, but I think a lot of people are either just not getting on or have migrated to FT8 since it is so much easier when prop is poor.  I have to own that I'm in the first category.  Haven't been on as much as I should/could.

Haven't seen you upload a log since May 27, but if you have filled all the days you needed since that last upload, by my calculations, you only need 10/20 and 10/21 to complete 366!  I've marked the calendar and will be looking for you about 0000 UTC on both those days!

Well, things like knee surgery can sure get in the way.  Hope your rehab is going well and you are about back to kicking field goals barefoot!  I'll still be looking for you on 10/12 and 10/19.  And I just added you for June 6 & 7, 2019 on my calendar....If I'm still sharp enough to check my calendar next year!

"Good morning, what was it I was supposed to remember to do today?  Oh yeah, check the To Do list.  Now where did I put that list?"

But I'm still having fun!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

haha - I know exactly what you mean.  Yeah, I’m kicking my butt for missing those two dates and actually my knee was doing pretty good by then but for some reason I had a brain fart for those two days!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 21, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Well, things like knee surgery can sure get in the way.  Hope your rehab is going well and you are about back to kicking field goals barefoot!  I'll still be looking for you on 10/12 and 10/19.  And I just added you for June 6 & 7, 2019 on my calendar....If I'm still sharp enough to check my calendar next year!

"Good morning, what was it I was supposed to remember to do today?  Oh yeah, check the To Do list.  Now where did I put that list?"

But I'm still having fun!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Dan, were you still on pain meds then? That would explain a lot! LOL!

Paula K7PAX #1739

haha - I know exactly what you mean.  Yeah, I’m kicking my butt for missing those two dates and actually my knee was doing pretty good by then but for some reason I had a brain fart for those two days!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 21, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Well, things like knee surgery can sure get in the way.  Hope your rehab is going well and you are about back to kicking field goals barefoot!  I'll still be looking for you on 10/12 and 10/19.  And I just added you for June 6 & 7, 2019 on my calendar....If I'm still sharp enough to check my calendar next year!

"Good morning, what was it I was supposed to remember to do today?  Oh yeah, check the To Do list.  Now where did I put that list?"

But I'm still having fun!

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

lol, you might be right on the money!

A fair portion of my psk31 QSOs were made while my broken leg had me immobilized (and on pain meds).  I would like to thank everyone who put up with my fumble fingered operating during that period.

Really.  You cannot believe how much opiate pain relief messes up your brain until you’re on them for a longish period.  One day, not too bad.  One week and you feel like your brain was sucked out and replaced with wood chips.  Four weeks and you’re so messed up you barely notice that you now have a single digit IQ.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Sep 21, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Paula K7PAX #1739 via Groups.Io <hamette@...> wrote:

[...]

I was not on pain meds at the time.  they stopped those on me only a week after the surgery and needless to say my knee hurt really good after that.  I was taking Advil and Tylenol which only took the edge off but did help!!  So, I guess no excuse except for old age (Can I use that as one)??  hihi

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!