Where did all the PSK31 operators Go ??

w2eck

the last few days I have been on 20M and 40M  to work some PSK31 QSOs, but guess what --- there is nobody on !!  Has everyone deserted this great mode or is it just me?/  Maybe my psk radio isn't receiving well anymore :0))   Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing?
73
Paul
w2eck

Peter Hiltz

Well, for me, my radio is in the shop being healed from a near miss lightening strike.

73,
Pete
WV3S

--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater

Geary McDowell

HI HI I wondered the same, then I see one, then two, then none.  My Halloween SWR issues have returned off and on and 20 having been my best operational band had been inoperable this week.  I blame it on conditions as there is nothing else I can do about it.  HI HI  Makes it tough to work on the 365/366 for sure.
73 Geary KE5IRK
#1787 SW OK USA Earth Milky Way

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:05 AM w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:
the last few days I have been on 20M and 40M  to work some PSK31 QSOs, but guess what --- there is nobody on !!  Has everyone deserted this great mode or is it just me?/  Maybe my psk radio isn't receiving well anymore :0))   Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing?
73
Paul
w2eck

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

I have been on everyday in 2018 and made at least 1 PSK31 contact each day. I usually operate on 20m, sometime between 1500 -  2000 utc for about 1 hour. 20m has been tough most of the year, but with persistence and patience,  complete QSOs are possible.
And yes it is conditions. We are near the bottom of the Solar cycle and I predict that it will be more difficult for us before it gets better.
Bottom line, hang in, keep trying because in the end persistence and patience will payoff.
Hoping to contact You on PSK31
73
Paul NU4C 070 #824

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

#1787 SW OK USA Earth Milky Way

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:05 AM w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:
the last few days I have been on 20M and 40M  to work some PSK31 QSOs, but guess what --- there is nobody on !!  Has everyone deserted this great mode or is it just me?/  Maybe my psk radio isn't receiving well anymore :0))   Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing?
73
Paul
w2eck

Doc

All have fallen love with ft8!! <G>

From: Geary McDowell <ke5irk@...>
Date: 8/16/18 09:30 (GMT-05:00)

#1787 SW OK USA Earth Milky Way

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:05 AM w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:
the last few days I have been on 20M and 40M  to work some PSK31 QSOs, but guess what --- there is nobody on !!  Has everyone deserted this great mode or is it just me?/  Maybe my psk radio isn't receiving well anymore :0))   Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing?
73
Paul
w2eck

Randy True

A lot of it is the FT8 hysteria.

In the time it took me to read your message, I worked 3 stations on FT8, on 30M no less.

It's here until the next mode shows up.

Randy W4RTT

#1787 SW OK USA Earth Milky Way

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:05 AM w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:
the last few days I have been on 20M and 40M  to work some PSK31 QSOs, but guess what --- there is nobody on !!  Has everyone deserted this great mode or is it just me?/  Maybe my psk radio isn't receiving well anymore :0))   Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing?
73
Paul
w2eck

David, K9DWR

On Aug 16, 2018, at 11:19, Randy True <w4rttrandy@outlook.com> wrote:

A lot of it is the FT8 hysteria.
In the time it took me to read your message, I worked 3 stations on FT8, on 30M no less.
It's here until the next mode shows up.
It is what it is. Shiny new toys pull people in.
I was successful in having a 40 minute conversation a couple weeks ago, that’s something FT8 will never be able to do. Let everyone have their fun. :-)

Yesterday conditions were so bad the radio was actually noticeably different in its sound. I thought there was something wrong with it with how weird it sounded.
I’m still seeing plenty of signals, but my crippled setup can’t really get out and QSB is terrible. The contacts I have been able to make have all been with heavy fading, but they are there to be made.

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Paul — I usually get on or check PSK signals on all bands, however, for the past month or so I have been really getting into the SKCC club and on CW quite a bit, mainly on 40M but I still check out the PSK frequencies.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Aug 16, 2018, at 9:05 AM, w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:

the last few days I have been on 20M and 40M  to work some PSK31 QSOs, but guess what --- there is nobody on !!  Has everyone deserted this great mode or is it just me?/  Maybe my psk radio isn't receiving well anymore :0))   Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing?
73
Paul
w2eck

Doc

Hi-Hot Wx and busy ,,here !!I am usually on for a bit ,40,80 in the am . but because of the heat ,Just haven't been on much!! FT8 has still been active,but i don't go there. Fine for racking up qsl's,but I don't need them and rather get to know a bit about the person behind the contact !!Had a v nice chat with a 11 year old ham last week end !!T.C. Jerry W8KQ