APE Instruction

W7RIV

Everyone, please if you are messaging the group, please include UTC date, time, location, and expected frequencies. We want to ensure as much participation as possible for everyone.

If you have questions or need me to convert and/or post please let me know. I will get all these up on the website soon. We've been working in the background to get this resolved and posted to the website.

Thanks,
Bryon, W7RIV

F.R. Ashley <wd4psa@...>

Hi all.

it is now 1906Z, I put my wire up so now will attempt 40 meters 7.071.   I'm getting hammered on 20 by other stations and modes. Bear in mind I'm QRP !    I'll stay here 2 more hours before packing up and heading home.   Well just as I typed that a WinLink station cranked up on top of me on 40m..

73 buddy WB4M 1545

Rick - N7WE

Buddy-
Been looking, but nothing on 40m except static crashes.  Have t-storms moving through, but was seeing occasional mid-west stations on 20m. Going QRT until this next squall line passes.

F.R. Ashley <wd4psa@...>

Rick

I'm back home now.  Not much was on 40, only heard a few stations   The KX2 began heating up to the point of shutting down even at 4-5 watts out.  Now I have the excuse I need for a new 100-watt rig, maybe something along the lines of a FT-891 or Icom 7100!  I'm planning on going to a different place a little closer to home, hope to see you then.

Buddy WB4M

On 8/10/2018 03:47 PM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
Buddy-
Been looking, but nothing on 40m except static crashes.  Have t-storms moving through, but was seeing occasional mid-west stations on 20m. Going QRT until this next squall line passes.

Gove Ronald

I am on 14070 now, 4 pm Atlantic time operating QRP from Fundy National Park Canada
VE9/W1GOV

Rick - N7WE

Been looking Ron, but haven't seen you yet.  Now T-storms and lightning in the area so am shutting down.  Sorry to miss you!

Gove Ronald

At 5 watts max I expect I didn’t get very far