20m

Jerry N9AVY

Been researching past performance on 20m.  It seems as though I can draw a circle about 400-500 miles around my QTH and that is the zone of silence. In other words, that why I can't work APEs in IN , MN and in other states close by.

Now Milt and other APEs seem to be heard almost all day long.  Just weird propagation...  Used to notice this a lot on 10m years ago, but the circle was more like 600 miles, but I would be able to work "backscatter" on     10m and had many contacts with close in stations back then.

Hope everyone got all of today's APEs ...

Jerry  N9AVY

JoAnn Donaldson

Had a Cool front come thru with T-Storms, so had to shutdown. Those are thru now and back on the air looking for APE's. on 20M PSK.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Saturday, August 14, 2021, 03:09:22 PM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Been researching past performance on 20m.  It seems as though I can draw a circle about 400-500 miles around my QTH and that is the zone of silence. In other words, that why I can't work APEs in IN , MN and in other states close by.

Now Milt and other APEs seem to be heard almost all day long.  Just weird propagation...  Used to notice this a lot on 10m years ago, but the circle was more like 600 miles, but I would be able to work "backscatter" on     10m and had many contacts with close in stations back then.

Hope everyone got all of today's APEs ...

Jerry  N9AVY

Jim K5SP

I got it first JoAnn, rained here mostd of morning.  Now 77 degrees, unheard of for North Texas in August/Sept.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

First set of rain bands from Fred came thru abt an hour ago.  Lots of lightning.  Luckily we dodged a bullet this time.

John
KC3FL