Topics

20M

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Whew, it was all I could do to work Miami, FL — He was 599 here but I was only 539 at his end but we got the contact in the log!!!

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Now got Japan on 20M — wow

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

malcolm heard

Dan i see JM7OLW on the waterfall.  Not talked to him in a while.  Is that your Japan contact?

Malcolm ke0jbt

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 4:56 PM Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Now got Japan on 20M — wow

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Yep, he is the one!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 19, 2020, at 6:24 PM, malcolm heard <heardmalcolm2017@...> wrote:

Dan i see JM7OLW on the waterfall.  Not talked to him in a while.  Is that your Japan contact?

Malcolm ke0jbt

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 4:56 PM Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Now got Japan on 20M — wow

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Well, I’ve been watching this one station who I had once called upon but he did not answer me. I noticed as other signals starting calling CQ all of a sudden he would end up right on top and started calling CQ. I saw him do this at least 6 or 8 times already. He does have a strong signal here in NC also. I don’t think it is by mistake either. Too coincidental . His call is P43.. — Did not want to give the whole call.

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Jerry N9AVY

Saw him once briefly , was answered by a W8... then disappeared. I see you signal intermittantly andf one of 2 others. We don't all have the same propagation, Dan. I do see a few stations jump on occupied frequencies, but they may be clear where they are.

Jerry

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 05:39:56 PM CDT, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

Well, I’ve been watching this one station who I had once called upon but he did not answer me. I noticed as other signals starting calling CQ all of a sudden he would end up right on top and started calling CQ. I saw him do this at least 6 or 8 times already. He does have a strong signal here in NC also.  I don’t think it is by mistake either. Too coincidental . His call is P43..  — Did not want to give the whole call.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Nope, this guy has done it too many times to too many stations and it is too coincidental to him jumping around and ending up just when someone calls CQ.  Heck, when he did call CQ and I saw others actually answer him but he NEVER did have a QSO with anyone yet.  I believe he is gone now though.

Signals are dwindling a bit and I do know that we do not all have the same propagation!!

I was just getting on and letting people know just in case, just like you do my friend.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 19, 2020, at 7:16 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

He may be having a tracking problem with his software. If my settings are standard (12050 or whatever) I have to change them to (13000 something) and then I'm on same frequency as station I'm calling.

P43 may have settings problem and not know it.

Jerry

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 06:19:22 PM CDT, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

[...]

Whatever Jerry but he was interfering. He NEVER did have a conversation.  All I saw was about 10 different times he would end up on the same frequency as the station calling CQ.  Had several stations call him but he never would answer.

Seems like other people can complain but when someone else complains just once then there must be a reason for the error.

My apologies and I’ll not complain or express my concerns on the reflector again.
Heck, in fact, I may not even get back on the reflector if others seem to know it all.

thanks for your input.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 19, 2020, at 7:31 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry - Sorry for the abrupt answer but I usually do not complain and would not have have I thought it was just a coincidence and anyone that knows me knows that I do not or very seldom express any concern over trivial stuff like that.

I was just expressing a concern and then anyone could take it as they wish. Mostly just a message to let people know if they had heard him jumping around the spectrum like he was doing.

So, I apologize.

[...]

Dan:

I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he's not THAT kind of operator. I would go with a technical problem, BUT you saw more of him than I did. I'll assume that you're correct.

Jerry

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 06:40:32 PM CDT, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

[...]

Au contraire, mon ami ! I should apologize if I came on as out of order and/or in a gruff tone.

73,

Jerry

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 06:44:20 PM CDT, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

[...]

No problem Jerry, we are good. Thanks