Some Thoughts on Software

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

Hi All,

So for at least the TDW contest I’m stuck using FLdigi,

I’ve gotta say it seems really inferior to the HRD suite to me.  I guess it is all what you are used to but there is so much more control  with HRD.

I’ve really gotten spoiled using the computer to completely control the K3 - everything from filters to power to AGC.  It just isn’t there in Hamlib.  I’m fully willing to believe it is just my ignorance and that RigCAT or flrig works better, but I just haven’t been able to make them work.

Perhaps the biggest deal-breaker is that the QSY button ONLY centers on 1000hz.  Any attempt to rewrite that with the “STORE” button is ignored.  This means that my 400hz filter must be manually positioned.  The station I’m trying to call is long gone by then.

I know a lot of people use FLdidgi, but it doesn’t work for me.

[/rant]

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Scotty W7PSK

On the QSY button.
Did you go under Config, MIsc, Sweetspot and change PSK31 to 1500. It defaults to 1000 and you change it there.
--
Scotty
W7PSK 070 #138

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

Brillant!  Thanks Scotty!

Like I said: it’s probably just me.

Thank you,
Eric

On Jun 1, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Scotty W7PSK <w7psk@...> wrote:

On the QSY button.
Did you go under Config, MIsc, Sweetspot and change PSK31 to 1500. It defaults to 1000 and you change it there.
--
Scotty
W7PSK 070 #138

Scotty W7PSK