Topics

2020 KC9UR POTA Portable APE Announcement

Bob KC9UR

It’s almost August and that means it’s time to go APE (i.e. August PSK Expedition).  Stan (W9SMR/9) and I (Bob, KC9UR) will be conducting our 8th annual APE, a “POTA Portable APE”, starting Friday, 21 Aug through Sunday, 23 Aug.  This year we will be operating from the Trine State Recreation Area in Northeast Indiana.  We look forward to contacting lots of PODXS 070 APE Hunters, grid chasers (grid EN71) and LONP seekers as well as POTA (Parks On The Air) hunters (park K-4182).  Each year Stan and I look forward to APE contacts with fellow 070 members, PSK31 enthusiasts and some DX too.  As in past years we will be operating on the 80m – 6m bands, and will be offering a nice QSL card for paper collectors as well as a really nice certificate for those who work us on 3 or more bands.  For those interested in portable operation, we highly encourage you to consider doing your own APE.  It’s lots of fun to make loads of PSK31 contacts and to be “the hunted ones”.   We will post additional information as the date approaches.
Bob, KC9UR