Last Change for EM43 on this Trip

Richard Rohrer

Hi Jerry,

I will be in EM43 on Friday, April 27th around 1200 CDT or 1800 GMT.  I will start calling before I hit the grid so I can be located.  Probably around 14.072.  So anyone who wants this grid, look for me.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Dick-
Hope the trip was all you could have wanted!  Any chance you could zigzag a bit and detour through EM52 and EM41?  Just kidding!  Travel Safe!

Several years ago I was running a service call from IL to Milwaukee while chatting with a "friend" on 10 m.  Took what I thought was a shortcut and got lost.  Commented to my friend that I believe I was lost and she said she had an Atlas right in front of here. After about 2 hours of driving around I finally made it to the edge of Milwaukee and was in familiar territory.  Later found out that my friend was a county hunter and ran me through some countries she needed !

Moral of story: never trust a fellow ham for directions !

Jerry  n9avy

From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Date: 4/25/18 17:36 (GMT-05:00)
To: 070Club@groups.io

Meanwhile, other 070 members are trying to figure out what an "Atlas" is  ....

Jerry  n9avy

Wow Jerry!  I would never have thought of that.  Great idea!

Dick - If you get lost and need directions, please call.  I do have a road atlas right by the rig.  I'm sure I could help you find "the long way home."  HI HI!

Thanks for the chuckle Jerry.

Stephen Melachrinos <melachri@...>

That, and how you didn't mention GPS, was how I decided that "several" (as in "several years") to you must mean at least 20.

Meanwhile, other 070 members are trying to figure out what an "Atlas" is  ....

Jerry  n9avy

Wow Jerry!  I would never have thought of that.  Great idea!

Dick - If you get lost and need directions, please call.  I do have a road atlas right by the rig.  I'm sure I could help you find "the long way home."  HI HI!

Thanks for the chuckle Jerry.

GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

Richard Rohrer

Hi Rick,

Either of them may be a possibility.  We will be coming home thru Jackson, MS and I don’t know which route we will be taking South from there.  I will post when I know on Friday.

73

Dick – KC3EF

Hope the trip was all you could have wanted!  Any chance you could zigzag a bit and detour through EM52 and EM41?  Just kidding!  Travel Safe!

Richard Rohrer

We travel with a complete set of state maps for all we are going thru along with a large road atlas.  Being an old guy I was taught how to read a map in Cub Scouts.  For some state we carry Delorme detailed map books for the back roads.

73

Dick – KC3EF

Wow Jerry!  I would never have thought of that.  Great idea!

Dick - If you get lost and need directions, please call.  I do have a road atlas right by the rig.  I'm sure I could help you find "the long way home."  HI HI!

Thanks for the chuckle Jerry.

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Rick
I just recently bowed to the wishes of the CFO and agreed to get a
cell phone. My only condition was it had to be a Flip Phone.
Barry

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 03:48 pm, Rick - N7WE wrote:
GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

Richard Rohrer

Just getting to enter em43.

Di k

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, 8:35 PM VA7GEM -1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Rick
I just recently bowed to the wishes of the CFO and agreed to get a
cell phone. My only condition was it had to be a Flip Phone.
Barry

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 03:48 pm, Rick - N7WE wrote:
GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

Richard Rohrer

Rick,

Looks like will be in em42 in about 1/2 hour.

73
Dick

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018, 11:27 AM Richard Rohrer <kc3ef1@...> wrote:
Just getting to enter em43.

Di k

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, 8:35 PM VA7GEM -1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Rick
I just recently bowed to the wishes of the CFO and agreed to get a
cell phone. My only condition was it had to be a Flip Phone.
Barry

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 03:48 pm, Rick - N7WE wrote:
GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

Jerry N9AVY

Dick:

Just got home  are you still in EM43  ???

Jerry  N9AVY

I just recently bowed to the wishes of the CFO and agreed to get a
cell phone. My only condition was it had to be a Flip Phone.
Barry

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 03:48 pm, Rick - N7WE wrote:
GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

A great, big  THANKS,  Dick.   Finishes off another state...  yippee, yahoo, hooray, whoopee   !!!!!

73 et  thanks again !

Jerry  n9avy

Just got home  are you still in EM43  ???

Jerry  N9AVY

I just recently bowed to the wishes of the CFO and agreed to get a
cell phone. My only condition was it had to be a Flip Phone.
Barry

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 03:48 pm, Rick - N7WE wrote:
GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

Richard Rohrer

Hi Jerry,

Glad to help out.  I had the multi trace browser working on Fldigi and saw you up from where I was calling CQ working a XE station.  Moved up and got you.

73

Dick – KC3EF

A great, big  THANKS,  Dick.   Finishes off another state...  yippee, yahoo, hooray, whoopee   !!!!!

73 et  thanks again !

Jerry  n9avy

Just got home  are you still in EM43  ???

Jerry  N9AVY

I just recently bowed to the wishes of the CFO and agreed to get a
cell phone. My only condition was it had to be a Flip Phone.
Barry

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 03:48 pm, Rick - N7WE wrote:

GPS?  What's a GPS?  Is that like an iPhone?  Or maybe just one of those old regular smart phones?

de N7WE - Rick who is OBC  (Obsolete By Choice)

Dick:

My waterfall showed I was on 14072 working the XE station.  That and the fact that many station seem to answer me off frequency makes me think that the lash up with the TS-570S and Signalink USB is SNAFU. Really, really want my FT-1000 back....

Thanks again.

Jerry  n9avy

[...]

I was down around 14.06950 since I seem to have a birdy in the radio around 14.072.  I do think you were up higher than 14.072 but not by much.

73

Dick – KC3EF