73,
Stan
W9SMR

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 12:52 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Cc: bob billingsley; Jack-W4JS Sproat; w2xyz@...
Subject: [070Club] Special Event Station K4S

I will be operating the only PSK-31 station representing the Special Event Station K4S.

Currently calling on 20m (near 14,072.5).

Not seeing many traces. Look for me until 4:00 EDT today. Will post Saturday schedule tomorrow.

Where else are you going to get a Petrified Shark's Tooth? See below:

73,
Stan
W9SMR

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

K4S, operated by W4AC,
the Tamiami Amateur Radio Club,
Venice, Florida..on behalf of the Venice,
Florida Annual Sharks Tooth Festival

..Venice, Florida

-Know as the Sharks Tooth Capital
of the World. Millions of shark teeth
wash up on the sandy beaches.

..Income benefits the Special Athlete Boosters
 of Sarasota County...

QSL info at QRZ.COM or direct to W4JS with SASE

including a small sharks tooth)

Work K4S on 3 modes or bands and receive
Shark Hunter Certificate...See QRZ.COM for details and bands..

Jerry N9AVY

When we worked you signal was very weak and barely seem on waterfall.  They only one weaker was KC3EF/m  who was in negative mode on waterfall.

Jerry   n9avy

Will put K4S on the air for a couple hours today. Look for K4S on 20m around 1,600 Hz  from noon to 2 p.m.

Multiple contacts possible on SSB, CW and FT8. Saw PSKReporter hits all over the place on 40m FT8 this morning.

Thanks to N2MLP, N9AVY, KC4TIE  for searching me out yesterday.

Special Event Station info below.

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

VA7GEM -1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 09:18 am, stan robinson wrote:

Will put K4S on the air for a couple hours today. Look for K4S on 20m around 1,600 Hz  from noon to 2 p.m.

Multiple contacts possible on SSB, CW and FT8. Saw PSKReporter hits all over the place on 40m FT8 this morning.

Thanks to N2MLP, N9AVY, KC4TIE  for searching me out yesterday.

Special Event Station info below.

73,
Stan
W9SMR
Cannot find you Stan but will watch for a bit
Barry

Brian (N2MLP)

Can see him weak in PA

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

Cannot find you Stan but will watch for a bit
Barry

stan W9SMR

Jerry,

Sorry about that.

Must be my Red Tile Amplifier above my attic dipole antennas is not properly tuned today.

Thank the HOA for me.

Keep an eye out. Maybe we'll find a duct to ride.

73, Tnx fer Trying!

Stan

W9SMR

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

K4S, operated by W4AC,
the Tamiami Amateur Radio Club,
Venice, Florida..on behalf of the Venice,
Florida Annual Sharks Tooth Festival

..Venice, Florida
-Know as the Sharks Tooth Capital
of the World. Millions of shark teeth
wash up on the sandy beaches.

..Income benefits the Special Athlete Boosters
 of Sarasota County...

QSL info at QRZ.COM or direct to W4JS with SASE
including a small sharks tooth)

Work K4S on 3 modes or bands and receive
Shark Hunter Certificate...See QRZ.COM for details and bands..

Brian (N2MLP)

Sitting here watching traces   all worked

Need some fresh blood on band

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

When we worked you signal was very weak and barely seem on waterfall.  They only one weaker was KC3EF/m  who was in negative mode on waterfall.

Jerry   n9avy

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

K4S, operated by W4AC,
the Tamiami Amateur Radio Club,
Venice, Florida..on behalf of the Venice,
Florida Annual Sharks Tooth Festival

..Venice, Florida

-Know as the Sharks Tooth Capital
of the World. Millions of shark teeth
wash up on the sandy beaches.

..Income benefits the Special Athlete Boosters
 of Sarasota County...

QSL info at QRZ.COM or direct to W4JS with SASE

including a small sharks tooth)

Work K4S on 3 modes or bands and receive
Shark Hunter Certificate...See QRZ.COM for details and bands..

Image removed by sender.

Peter Hiltz

Stan,

Not seeing you.  Are you still on the air?

Pete
WV3S

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater

stan W9SMR

Pete,

Yes...still here..look at 1,750 Hz on 2m  signals really fading in and out..just worked Indiana and NY..

news flash...ur calling me..

tnx,

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

K4S, operated by W4AC,
the Tamiami Amateur Radio Club,
Venice, Florida..on behalf of the Venice,
Florida Annual Sharks Tooth Festival

..Venice, Florida

-Know as the Sharks Tooth Capital
of the World. Millions of shark teeth
wash up on the sandy beaches.

..Income benefits the Special Athlete Boosters
 of Sarasota County...

QSL info at QRZ.COM or direct to W4JS with SASE

including a small sharks tooth)

Work K4S on 3 modes or bands and receive
Shark Hunter Certificate...See QRZ.COM for details and bands..

--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater

Peter Hiltz

Stan,

Thanks for the QSO and yes, the band is getting noisy.

Is there going to by any CW?

Pete

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:56 am, stan robinson wrote:

Pete,

Yes...still here..look at 1,750 Hz on 2m  signals really fading in and out..just worked Indiana and NY..

news flash...ur calling me..

tnx,
Stan

Stan
I have loud KG5RRX on same freq
still looking
Barry

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

K4S, operated by W4AC,
the Tamiami Amateur Radio Club,
Venice, Florida..on behalf of the Venice,
Florida Annual Sharks Tooth Festival

..Venice, Florida

-Know as the Sharks Tooth Capital
of the World. Millions of shark teeth
wash up on the sandy beaches.

..Income benefits the Special Athlete Boosters
 of Sarasota County...

QSL info at QRZ.COM or direct to W4JS with SASE

including a small sharks tooth)

Work K4S on 3 modes or bands and receive
Shark Hunter Certificate...See QRZ.COM for details and bands..

--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater

stan W9SMR

Pete,

Sorry I do not know about CW. I am operating from home, not the tent at the Sharks Toot Festival.

I do know there is lots of activity in FT8 on 40m right now, according to PSKReporter.

I am going to try to get on 40m PSK-31 tonite after our dinner out evening. Will post on 070 if I do.

Tnx fer QSO.

Stan W9SMR

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:04 am, VA7GEM -1470 wrote:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:56 am, stan robinson wrote:
Pete,
Yes...still here..look at 1,750 Hz on 2m  signals really fading in and out..just worked Indiana and NY..
news flash...ur calling me..
tnx,
Stan

Stan
I have loud KG5RRX on same freq
still looking
Barry
Stan
Vy popular choice of freq
now I have K7RFW on same freq
no wonder the sigs look so distorted
Barry

stan W9SMR

Barry,

I see him too.. I am about 100 Hz lower...1,700 Hz  20m.

-----------------------ABOUT K4S---------------------------------------------------

K4S, operated by W4AC,
the Tamiami Amateur Radio Club,
Venice, Florida..on behalf of the Venice,
Florida Annual Sharks Tooth Festival

..Venice, Florida

-Know as the Sharks Tooth Capital
of the World. Millions of shark teeth
wash up on the sandy beaches.

..Income benefits the Special Athlete Boosters
 of Sarasota County...

QSL info at QRZ.COM or direct to W4JS with SASE

including a small sharks tooth)

Work K4S on 3 modes or bands and receive
Shark Hunter Certificate...See QRZ.COM for details and bands..

--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater

stan W9SMR

Barry,

I have now jumped up to 2,450 Hz..

Will call here for a few minutes..

tnx for your efforts,

73,

Stan

W9SMR

Stan
SRI but I got sidetracked by lunch.
I am back agn if U R still on.
TU
Barry

Brian (N2MLP)

Just got K4S on 20M FT8

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

Stan
SRI but I got sidetracked by lunch.
I am back agn if U R still on.
TU
Barry

Brian (N2MLP)

Looking on 40m now

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

Stan
SRI but I got sidetracked by lunch.
I am back agn if U R still on.
TU
Barry

stan W9SMR

Back from dinner and moving to 40m PSK-31 for a second band/mode.

You need 3 bands/modes to qualify for the coveted Shark Hunter Certificate.

Don't forget you receive a petrified shark's tooth in return for your QSL card and SASE.

See QRZ.COM for details.
Look for me around 7,072 MHz +/- QRM...K4S

73,
Stan
W9SMR