Topics

Can we all get a grip?

Let's get a grip on our selves. NOBODY is going to jamb anyone else's signal. Who dreams this stuff up?

FT-8 is not a precursor to the end of the amateur radio world as we know & enjoy it.

"Back in the day"...CW operators had AM operators join them in using their frequencies...Everybody survived.

"Back in the day"...AM operators had SSB operators join them in using their frequencies... Everybody survived.

"Back in the day"...SSB  operators had RTTY come in & placed itself into the CW, AM, SSB & slow scan...Everybody survived.

Then here we come with our pip-squeak little narrow, low power wobbling signals...and "we" placed it in the portion of the band previously used by CW, AM, SSB, & RTTY...Everybody survived. Let's deal with facts, not made up fake news.

It's an annoyance, and 1 more time; it's not the end of the world thru the eyes of Amateur Radio, the ARRL, or any 070 Club member.

Milt -

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

Trustee for W6QP

Think this FT-8 problem will only get worse as time goes by.  Perrhaps it may end with the termination of the ARRL Grids Program, but if they think up something different for 2019, the lousy FT-8 operators will have total disregard for other modes/operators... starting to look like another citizens band with FT-8 operators thinking they can go to any part of band they want.

This is a major problem and it will undoubtedly descend in retaliatory jamming of FT-8 signals, IMHO.  This is a sad state of affairs when FT-8 operators are operating in what has been PSK31 territory for last several years. It was bad enough when FT-8 used 18.100 as a major operating frequency which is now virtually useless for PSK31. There have been several other modes displaced due to FT-8 operators.

Jerry  N9AVY

Brian (N2MLP)

Well stated

         de N2MLP Brian