Oops !

Jerry N9AVY

Sometimes there are "Oops in contests" .   This St Pat's Day contest was my turn.   While switching from 20m to 40m I forgot to switch antennas and proceeded to load up 40m into a tribander...  resulting in a dead 40m band on the FT-1000... guess it's going out for repair .   That's what happens when one loses  concentration.

Jerry  n9avy

Stephen Melachrinos <melachri@...>

Sorry to hear that, Jerry. I almost had something similar. 

I finally got my 80m "low inverted-vee sloper" put back together on Friday afternoon. It had been displaced when we had some siding work done on the house early in January. (That's why I wasn't on bands lower than 40m in PSKfest.) So I got it put back together just in time on Friday, and proceeded to testing. And it wouldn't load up on 80 or 30 (3rd harmonic). I got it to work on 12m (7th harmonic), but that was about it. Then I noticed that I couldn't get the 20m dipole to load up either, and I hadn't touched it. (Of course, I hadn't touched anything since PSKfest.)

It took me about ten minutes of frustration and troubleshooting to realize that I had forgotten the labeling--the 20m antenna is "antenna 1" and the 80m is "antenna 2". So I did prove they weren't interchangeable. At least I did that with low power and didn't damage the TS2000.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 4:40 pm
Subject: [070Club] Oops !

Sometimes there are "Oops in contests" .   This St Pat's Day contest was my turn.   While switching from 20m to 40m I forgot to switch antennas and proceeded to load up 40m into a tribander...  resulting in a dead 40m band on the FT-1000... guess it's going out for repair .   That's what happens when one loses  concentration.

Jerry  n9avy