St. Patty’s Day Contest

Paula K7PAX #1739

Hope to be able to get some radio time today, away from the puppy and work a bunch of you, my friends! Old and new members, and anyone else who will answer. I always like the opportunity to tell non-members about the club - that’s how I learned about it. This is the only club in which I participate. I joined a couple of others but they just didn’t cut it for me. This one is active, vibrant, positive (for the most part - but that’s human nature) and most of all, fun!

Hope to work all of you fine folks today!

Paula K7PAX # 1739

bowerjohn41 <poppajohnbower@...>

Will be looking for you Paula,
John KE4JB

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:
Hope to be able to get some radio time today, away from the puppy and work a bunch of you, my friends! Old and new members, and anyone else who will answer. I always like the opportunity to tell non-members about the club - that’s how I learned about it. This is the only club in which I participate. I joined a couple of others but they just didn’t cut it for me. This one is active, vibrant, positive (for the most part - but that’s human nature) and most of all, fun!

Hope to work all of you fine folks today!

Paula K7PAX # 1739

Paula K7PAX #1739

Gotten 6 contacts in the last half hour on 20 meters:
VA7GEM
N9AVY
KC4TIE
K5SP
KR4U
AC0A

Paula K7PAX 1739

On Mar 17, 2018, at 6:17 AM, bowerjohn41 <poppajohnbower@...> wrote:

Will be looking for you Paula,
John KE4JB

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:
Hope to be able to get some radio time today, away from the puppy and work a bunch of you, my friends! Old and new members, and anyone else who will answer. I always like the opportunity to tell non-members about the club - that’s how I learned about it. This is the only club in which I participate. I joined a couple of others but they just didn’t cut it for me. This one is active, vibrant, positive (for the most part - but that’s human nature) and most of all, fun!

Hope to work all of you fine folks today!

Paula K7PAX # 1739

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

I can barely see you from Florida

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542
On Mar 17, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

[...]

I saw you answer my C Q  but then I lost you

Paula K7PAX 1739

On Mar 17, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Charles Odom, KI4VMK <ki4vmk@...> wrote:

[...]

The band is awful and then with the FT8 down here is bad.

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542
On Mar 17, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

[...]

VA7GEM-1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Sherri Rapp

This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

I had fun even with lousy band conditions.

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542
On Mar 17, 2018, at 8:17 PM, Sherri Rapp <srapp7@...> wrote:

This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor= yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Paula K7PAX #1739

Sherri, if there are errors, they should show up in red further down the page when you look at your results. If you upload again, and check the checkbox to allow all to see your score, we could take a look at the errors and offer some suggestions on how to fix it. If you look at the scorer page, you will see that some callsigns are hyperlinks. If you click them, you can see their results. Take a look at mine – and you will see two errors. Hope this helps!

Paula K7PAX #1739

This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Sherri - I looked at your log submission for the contest.

Looks like you don't have the 070 #'s for each QSO saved in either the SRX field or the comment field, and the DXCC field is blank as well.

Take a look at those things and go from there.

Let me know if I can help you, please.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 9:17 PM, Sherri Rapp <srapp7@...> wrote:
This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Sherri Rapp

Thanks, Paula! I will look tomorrow with fresh eyes. I suspect the primary problem lies with me not knowing how the fields in the fldigi log map to an adif file. I really just don't know / can't decide what to use for a logging app so I'm using native logging for now. 🤷

Thanks!
Sherri

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 9:34 PM Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry N9AVY

Sherri :

You'll et the hang of contests in time.  Getting logs right has always been a problem for me and I usually end up with a few numbers that don't match or got omitted because I was falling asleep, hi !  Chalk it all up to experience.  The idea of contests is to make you a better operator, able to copy what you hear/see quickly and accurately.

Mat & Paula gave you some starting points and you should be able to take it from there. If you have quesions please ask the list, they're only too glad to help.  It's not like there was money riding on the contest ... or was there ?

Jerry  n9avy

This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Sherri Rapp

Thanks to those who assisted. I used  ADIF MASTER to make sure all my fields were correct. only one error, but sadly it was for the special event station, k4p so it didn't count. probably wrote down the wrong band, I do that all the time.

Thank again!
Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 10:18 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
[...]

Special event was most likely on 20m ....maybe 40m... just submit to lotw or Eqsl both ways.
Jerry  n9avy

This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups. io> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Phil Royce

I'd love to use that program but Windows Defender says in has a Trojan:Win32/Fuery.A!cl virus.

pr

--

Have a Great Day,

Phil Royce FCCM

FEMA Compliant ICS NIMS Certified
FL Statewide COML Type 3, COMT Type 3
Interoperability Trainer for Deployable Systems and Interoperability Solutions
Electronics Designer and Disaster Communications Specialist
FCC ID# KE4PWE

Jerry N9AVY

Phil:

You may have downloaded an infected copy. See if you can download another copy from a different site. Have no idea what Windows Defender is....

Jerry  n9avy

[...]

I'll check on that.  I was on DXSHELL not sure if that's the official one.  I finally got my log right, only 5 bad ones, not shabby.  I got GO BRAGH,  WOOT.  now for a pint of Guinness
, it only takes 3.5minutes to draw it into a mug. Oh and yes, my family originally was from Cork proper.

thanks,

73 de ke4pwe

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
[...]

Rick - N7WE

Had a fun time.  Was in and out several times as other priorities had to be handled.  And sometimes when I was in the bands weren't!  Probably when I was out the bands were in...but I'll never know.  That's life these days.  I was particularly pleased to see and be able to work several of our newer members.  Thank you and welcome to the good times for all!

Next year with "all comers" format it should be a lot easier to pick up "Erin Go Bragh."  I ended up short an N and a B.  Didn't pick up any new grids, but managed to push the LONP total to 550!  That's a good contest in my book.