FT8 THis morning

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8 in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.

Steve
VA3FLF
2301

Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>

Yes... that was the call they discussed on the development group who decided to use 14.070 as an anchor.

You can't fix stupid!

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:

 I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8 in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.

Steve
VA3FLF

Jerry N9AVY

Hope TY7C gets QRMed to death !

Yes... that was the call they discussed on the development group who decided to use 14.070 as an anchor.

You can't fix stupid!

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:

 I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8 in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.

Steve
VA3FLF

Justin Mattes--KC2GIK

Would someone explain to me again how complaining on here changes
anything?? I would really like to know\

Justin,KC2GIK

Yes... that was the call they discussed on the development group who
decided to use 14.070 as an anchor.

You can't fix stupid!

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:

I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8
in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all
DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl
FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.

Steve
VA3FLF
2301 <https://groups.io/g/070Club/leave/defanged>

Justin Mattes-KC2GIK
http://www.justinmattes.com

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Hi, Justin

I will agree that wishing folks are QRM'd to death is terribly productive, but - while I hear what you're saying - this is a discussion list. Folks are discussing things here.

If you don't like a particular thread, please simply use your delete key.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...> wrote:
Would someone explain to me again how complaining on here changes
anything?? I would really like to know\

Justin,KC2GIK

> Yes... that was the call they discussed on the development group who
> decided to use 14.070 as an anchor.
>
> You can't fix stupid!
>
> Mike
> WM4B
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:
>
>   I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8
> in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all
> DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl
> FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.
>
> Steve
> VA3FLF
> 2301   <https://groups.io/g/070Club/leave/defanged>

Justin Mattes-KC2GIK
http://www.justinmattes.com

Mike Flowers

Well, there are two major benefits:

1. It provides a good 'venting of the spleen' for those who feel themselves
aggrieved by certain conditions, and

2. Provides the rest an opportunity to complain about the complainers.

Just human nature, and being human, I am as guilty as anyone.

I am not a robot.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

[...]

My comment wasn’t necessarily a complaint. Mine was a live on the scene news report. Haha

On Mar 13, 2018, at 12:07, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

It doesn't, but it makes us feel better to rant.

Would someone explain to me again how complaining on here changes
anything?? I would really like to know\

Justin,KC2GIK

> Yes... that was the call they discussed on the development group who
> decided to use 14.070 as an anchor.
>
> You can't fix stupid!
>
> Mike
> WM4B
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:
>
>  I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8
> in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all
> DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl
> FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.
>
> Steve
> VA3FLF
> 2301  <https://groups.io/g/070Club/leave/defanged>

Justin Mattes-KC2GIK
http://www.justinmattes.com

Sherri Rapp

Steve, thanks for the investigative reporting. I was on PSK31 and getting aggravated by all the FT8 traffic. At least we all now know WHY it was happening. And know that we know, perhaps we can all politely ask the offending party to an hour themselves at 074.

Sherri, WB4OSU

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018, 12:14 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
It doesn't, but it makes us feel better to rant.

Would someone explain to me again how complaining on here changes
anything?? I would really like to know\

Justin,KC2GIK

> Yes... that was the call they discussed on the development group who
> decided to use 14.070 as an anchor.
>
> You can't fix stupid!
>
> Mike
> WM4B
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve R via Groups.Io wrote:
>
>  I made a couple of DX contacts this am so far and hearing a lot of FT8
> in the PSK band. I opened WSJTX to see who the culprits are.......all
> DX. All the stations are trying to call TY7C a DXepedition to Benin. ALl
> FT8's were F5, OK1, F6, DK8, etc.
>
> Steve
> VA3FLF
> 2301  <https://groups.io/g/070Club/leave/defanged>

Justin Mattes-KC2GIK
http://www.justinmattes.com

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

I feel the frustrations with problem of the FT8 mode also, whomever is at fault but venting among ourselves won't do any good. I encourage all of you to email your ARRL Section Manager and voice your concerns, you do not have to me an ARRL member to do so. I emailed my Section Manager a while back but no reply as of yet.

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542

Jerry N9AVY

After many years as an ARRL member I let me membership lapse this year.  Just got back from Post Office where I got my 5th renewal notice !   Worked as volunteer for 16 years and after all the changes last year, I think I can say it probably won't do any good. The guy from 2-land who replaced K1ZZ as CEO was ousted in January, but the damage was already done.

The FT-8 group that went to Benin undoubtedly hadn't a clue about frequency allocations/band plans. There is nothing ARRL can do because theydon't have much authority outside U.S.    It was a big mistake and I made complaints to a few DX news services.  I would not support any further DXpeditions by that group.  This will work better than ARRL complaints.

It's unfortunate that this has happened, but I do see FT-8 stations on 14.070 as "invaders".

Just another rant.

Jerry   n9avy