What the ....???? Correction

Jerry N9AVY

Oops, typo !

From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 2:35 PM
Subject: [070Club] What the ....????

Saw K0JMJ on 20m this afternoon and decided to look up his grid square. It came up AA00aa . Huh ?  So, I decided to do a " QRZ search" on grid AA00aa and what came up surprised me. Seems there are dozens of stations from all over the world located in this grid square.  But why ???    Think it might be an error either deliberate or a glitch.

Just something to do while waiting for propagation to pick up...

Jerry  n9avy

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

I think that's what it defaults to if someone doesn't do a geo-lookup. Sure doesn't make it right, but I guess QRZ.com can only display the data that's put into it.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Oops, typo !

Saw K0JMJ on 20m this afternoon and decided to look up his grid square. It came up AA00aa . Huh ?  So, I decided to do a " QRZ search" on grid AA00aa and what came up surprised me. Seems there are dozens of stations from all over the world located in this grid square.  But why ???    Think it might be an error either deliberate or a glitch.

Just something to do while waiting for propagation to pick up...

Just another reason not to trust QRZ as an ultimate authority on things.

Jerry  n9avy