Membership List

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

The way I see it the membership list in hamclubs.info can't be used in Fldigi. Am I correct?

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542

Matthew King - AK4MK

Charles - I don't personally use FLDigi, so I can't really address that issue, but hopefully someone on here does and can help.

Does FLDigi have alarms?  If so, I'd guess that their documentation lists the format it needs to be in. If that's the case, then maybe the generic files can be put to use somehow.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 6:09 PM, Charles Odom, KI4VMK <ki4vmk@...> wrote:
The way I see it the membership list in hamclubs.info can't be used in Fldigi. Am I correct?

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

Fldigi uses a DAT file. Thanks for the reply.

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542

Jim K5SP

Can you send me a DAT file from fldigi?  Will see if I can figure a way to convert our member list to a DAT file for fldigi users.

Used to write programs for the F-16 program that would read OFP data provided by hardware vendors and convert it to format recognized by our ATE.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jim K5SP

The way it works in MixW is that you have a file called icons.cfg that contains the call signs (and countries).  When you decode a call sign that you clicked on, MixW looks into the icons.cfg file for the callsign, if it finds it, it will point to an icon that is located in the Icons folder of Mixw, and display that icon beside the call sign.  Works the same if someone enters their QTH as  bf Egypt, it looks for Egypt, grabs the icon from the Icons folder and displays the Egyptian flag.

This is how we can tell if a call is a 070 club member or not.

Does fldigi have a system similar to this?  If so, how does it work, and does it point to a specific .dat file?

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

No, nothing in fldigi like that

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542

On Mar 8, 2018, at 4:27 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
The way it works in MixW is that you have a file called icons.cfg that contains the call signs (and countries).  When you decode a call sign that you clicked on, MixW looks into the icons.cfg file for the callsign, if it finds it, it will point to an icon that is located in the Icons folder of Mixw, and display that icon beside the call sign.  Works the same if someone enters their QTH as  bf Egypt, it looks for Egypt, grabs the icon from the Icons folder and displays the Egyptian flag.

This is how we can tell if a call is a 070 club member or not.

Does fldigi have a system similar to this?  If so, how does it work, and does it point to a specific .dat file?

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Have you looked at doing it thru the notifications?
I have not done it YET but was looking at it.

73
Keith n9vel 0771

On Mar 8, 2018, at 5:31 PM, Charles Odom, KI4VMK <ki4vmk@...> wrote:

[...]

I thought about it, but I don't know what type file you would need or where to put it.

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542