MixW3.2

Jerry N9AVY

Had some time today and band was stinky so erased MixW  from the computer.  Signal were low on waterfall. Reloaded 3.2 and I see that signals appear to be stronger than an hour ago.  Thinking maybe there was some garbage in files as computer was also a bit sluggish. However still can't get 070 members files to work with it, but the icons work okay; in fact one station said he had a ?? GB computer and up came the Union Jack !  Love the icons.

 Back to work.

Do you have your icons.cfg correct?  Do you have all the icons in the Icons folder?

Jim K5SP

On 3/7/2018 4:32 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Had some time today and band was stinky so erased MixW  from the computer.  Signal were low on waterfall. Reloaded 3.2 and I see that signals appear to be stronger than an hour ago.  Thinking maybe there was some garbage in files as computer was also a bit sluggish. However still can't get 070 members files to work with it, but the icons work okay; in fact one station said he had a ?? GB computer and up came the Union Jack !  Love the icons.

 Back to work.

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jerry N9AVY

Jim:

Beats me !  The icons file is there and the 070 file is there, but they don't seem to work for 070.  ???

Jerry  n9avy

Do you have your icons.cfg correct?  Do you have all the icons in the Icons folder?
Jim K5SP

On 3/7/2018 4:32 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Had some time today and band was stinky so erased MixW  from the computer.  Signal were low on waterfall. Reloaded 3.2 and I see that signals appear to be stronger than an hour ago.  Thinking maybe there was some garbage in files as computer was also a bit sluggish. However still can't get 070 members files to work with it, but the icons work okay; in fact one station said he had a ?? GB computer and up came the Union Jack !  Love the icons.

 Back to work.

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>

On a related note, I’d advise staying away from the new MixW Version 4. I’m subscribed to the MixW list and V4 is giving folks tons of troubles. Sounds like it might be in late Alpha or early Beta status, but it was released to the public as though it were ready for prime time.

Mike
WM4B

Had some time today and band was stinky so erased MixW from the computer. Signal were low on waterfall. Reloaded 3.2 and I see that signals appear to be stronger than an hour ago. Thinking maybe there was some garbage in files as computer was also a bit sluggish. However still can't get 070 members files to work with it, but the icons work okay; in fact one station said he had a ?? GB computer and up came the Union Jack ! Love the icons.

Back to work.

Jerry n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Yup, I'm on MixW list and I've seen all the people griping about it. I would wait and year , maybe longer, until the bugs are worked out.  But they do deserve what they got for all their asking, "when will we see MixW4 ???"
Be careful whta you ask for.

[...]

And shame on the MixW team for releasing V4 without a proper Beta test.  I’d be pretty pissed/discouraged if I was trying to use it as a first time op.

Mike

WM4B

[...]

F.R. Ashley

I second that Mike.   Even if it worked properly I don't see many
improvements.

Buddy WB4M