PSK31 NCQP Today 25FEB2018

Bill Garwood

Hi Folks,

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

http://ncqsoparty.org/

ncqsoparty.org
New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Jerry N9AVY

Only saw 1 070 member, KK4HEG so I tossed him a point on 40m.

Everything else was dead; so  I went shopping.

Jerry  n9avy

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

ncqsoparty.org
New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Geary McDowell

There were some on 20 as well.  I made eight QSOs on 20M PSK, two DX before I lost the band again.
Geary, KE5IRK

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Bill Garwood <n4gbk@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

http://ncqsoparty.org/

New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Geary McDowell

Hey Jerry,
How are you seeing on PSK they are 070 w/o checking a list or QRZ?
Geary, KE5IRK

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Only saw 1 070 member, KK4HEG so I tossed him a point on 40m.

Everything else was dead; so  I went shopping.

Jerry  n9avy

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Sherri Rapp

I was on 40 and 20 for an hour early this afternoon. Needed a break. Will be back around 3:30-ish.

Sherri Rapp, WB4OSU, #2601

On Feb 25, 2018 12:15 PM, "Bill Garwood" <n4gbk@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

http://ncqsoparty.org/

New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Jerry N9AVY

Only saw about 3 traces, mostly weak, on waterfall about 10 am CST.  That's all I saw on 14.070.  40m was almost dead , only saw/wkd KK4HEG.  Gave up and shut down to run some errands.

What do you meaning checking a list ???    If you mean KK4HEG, I know he's a member because I've worked him in numerous 070 contests.  There are a lot of members I just recognize their calls from 070 stuff... don't need no steenkin' list ! (or badges)

Jerry  n9avy

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Daryl

I am having fairly good luck today on 20m (meaning I see more traces than I can usually see, sometimes a half dozen at a time)
Over the past couple hours worked these NC stations: KN4BBC, KI4PAQ, NC4ML.
The band for me here in OR has been hot & cold, nice traces one minute, blank the next.

p.s. wanted to finally say to all, it is a real pleasure to be in the 070 group, I am learning a lot from all of you, thank you! :-) 73

Rick - N7WE

Geary-
I believe you are running HRD & DM780 for software.  If that is correct, you can set up alarms in SuperSweeper that alert when it is an 070 member.   You may already know all this but here is an old writeup I did some time back about how to do it.  Hope this helps and works for you.

Creating HRD-DM780 Alarms from hamclubs.info lists
1.  Go to hamclubs.info and download the 070 list under the HRD Alarms column.  It doesn't "download" per se - but when you click on it, it opens the file.  I use Mozilla Firebird for a browser, and just use the "save page" function to name it and save it.
2.  Do the same for the 070LONP list.
3.  Open DM780 and select the SuperSweeper function tab to display multiple traces.  If you don't have a tab, click the SuperSweeper in the menu bar to open one.
4.  On the SuperSweeper menu bar there is a box with a bell and Alarms with a dropdown arrow just to the right of it.  Click on the dropdown and then on Manager.
5. At the bottom of the page, there are 6 Alarm Set radio buttons.  If you have never loaded other alarm definitions, Default is probably selected and there are about 6 or 7 definitions on the page.  Select any of the other button at the bottom that returns a blank page with no entries.
6.  On the top menu bar there is a File Folder Icon labeled Load.  Click on it and navigate to the file you saved from David's page.  You should see a whole list of alarm definitions load onto the page.
7.  Click on Save in the top menu bar and navigate to the DM780 definitions. They can be a little hard to find.  Mine are under my computer name (Rick), AppData, Roaming, HRDLLC, Digital Master 780, DMAlarmDefns_001 through _005.  Select whichever corresponds to your selected radio button and save the file.  It will ask if you want to replace the file...say yes.
8.  Repeat steps 5 thru 7 for the LONP file using a different radio button.
9.  Click the OK button on the far left of the bottom tool bar.
10.  Back at the SuperSweeper page, you can toggle the alarm on or off by clicking on the word Alarm. It highlights when on.
11.  To change which definition set you are using, click on the dropdown arrow next to Alarm and select the definition set you wish to use on the radio buttons at the bottom.  The click OK to go back to the SuperSweeper screen.
A couple of other helpful tips.  Within any alarm definition set, you can deactivate the alarm for a particular call by using Manager, selecting the definition set with the radio button, and then un-checking the box on the left side of the individual call.  This is particularly handy when working the WABOL as you only get credit for working the other LONP once per year!

Also, you can edit the alarm color of individual definitions within a definition set.  Just open Manager to the desired set and click on the desired definition to highlight it.  Click on the Edit icon in the upper tool bar and an Edit Alarm window opens.  Click on the Actions: Colors tab and you can select both the background color and the text color for that particular alarm.  Kind of handy sometimes!

Daryl

Rick,
I'm also running HRD / DM780 and have been trying to set up alarms in DM780...
Your tutorial saved me a ton of effort!  Thank you!

Rick - N7WE

You are so welcome.  One of the great things about 070 club is willingness of members to share with each other.  No need to reinvent the wheel.  Makes it easier for all of us!

Rick - N7WE

On 2/25/2018 18:17, Daryl_KI7GXV wrote:
Rick,
I'm also running HRD / DM780 and have been trying to set up alarms in DM780...
Your tutorial saved me a ton of effort!  Thank you!

Geary McDowell

Jerry, I wondered if there was a function in your program like the LoTW and eQsl function in the FT8 program that would flag 070 members.  You answered my question.  Thanks, Geary, KE5IRK

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 1:48 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
[...]

Geary:

If you look on 070 page there is a list of members which can be imported to various logging software. It will show the call and 070# and also start date of membership .  Wish I could have got it working because there are a lot of members I work like a day or so before they were members.

Jerry  n9avy

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

I use MixW and it works fine for me, except I am behind on downloading the file frequently to get the new members.

JIM K5SP

If you look on 070 page there is a list of members which can be imported to various logging software. It will show the call and 070# and also start date of membership .  Wish I could have got it working because there are a lot of members I work like a day or so before they were members.

Jerry  n9avy

Seeing several stations on 40 meters PSK31 participating in the NC QSO Party.  Might be some on 20 as well.

New to the 2018 North Carolina QSO Party is the “CAROLINA” Spelling Bee. Simply put, work counties in North and South Carolina where the first letter of the ...

I'll probably operate an hour or two later this afternoon.

Short macros preferred.  NC stations send their county.  Outside NC send state/province/country.

Thanks!

73,

Bill N4GBK #1688 in PEQ (Perquimans County)

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director