From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jun 5, 2021 12:23 pm
Subject: [070Club] 10m

Was on 28120 and Force 12 has SWR problems which crashed computer.  Had to do a reboot .   It's back n to normal now, but even tuner in radio doesn't help.   May have to look at elements to see if they are all there.  Probably will have bring it down off tower - UGH !  Climbing days are over for me and all my climbers retired.

Milt:

Think that last time I was on 10m was when I had old XP machine. Since replace with a WIN7, but probably needs a few snap on chokes here and there.    Probably better solution than dropping antenna from 40 ft..

Simple fixes usually work.  There's a remote switch on tower , but it never caused a problem.

Too tired to think about that stuff.  Fixing stuff may happen after I get some sleep...

Jerry

On Saturday, June 5, 2021, 03:57:18 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Try an Icom IC-R8600-04. I've got one and it's great!
Solves all of your "rf in the shack" problems.
I use mine up in the mountains at our cabin in Fawnskin, Ca.
Milt.
N6MG

Was on 28120 and Force 12 has SWR problems which crashed computer.  Had to do a reboot .   It's back n to normal now, but even tuner in radio doesn't help.   May have to look at elements to see if they are all there.  Probably will have bring it down off tower - UGH !  Climbing days are over for me and all my climbers retired.

Jerry  n9avy