Topics

Tuned up my wire

Paula K7PAX #1739

Well guys, I finally got some time to sit down and dink with my station. I used the Heathkit tuner to tune up that QSO king wire on 40, 80 and 160 meters and could achieve an SWR of 1.5:1 or less on all three.

So I can tune it whether or not Ill be able to do anything is another story time will tell. This time I have the low end about 10 up in a tree, coming off the 35 tower. Running roughly north/south.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX #1739

I have to laugh at myself for the 35” tower. Should be feet, not inches! LOL!

Paula K7PAX

On Feb 8, 2018, at 2:57 PM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

Well guys, I finally got some time to sit down and dink with my station. I used the Heathkit tuner to tune up that QSO king wire on 40, 80 and 160 meters and could achieve an SWR of 1.5:1 or less on all three.

So I can tune it whether or not Ill be able to do anything is another story time will tell. This time I have the low end about 10 up in a tree, coming off the 35 tower. Running roughly north/south.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Haha — I was going to say something before Jerry got in there.  I just knew he might put a jab about that but I did not see anything from him!!  hihi    Jerry, you are slipping!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Feb 8, 2018, at 7:30 PM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

I have to laugh at myself for the 35” tower. Should be feet, not inches! LOL!

Paula K7PAX

On Feb 8, 2018, at 2:57 PM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

Well guys, I finally got some time to sit down and dink with my station. I used the Heathkit tuner to tune up that QSO king wire on 40, 80 and 160 meters and could achieve an SWR of 1.5:1 or less on all three.

So I can tune it whether or not Ill be able to do anything is another story time will tell. This time I have the low end about 10 up in a tree, coming off the 35 tower. Running roughly north/south.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX #1739

Maybe he is afraid to take a jab at a YL!

Paula

On Feb 8, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

[...]

May be, he’s awful quiet tonight!!

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Feb 8, 2018, at 7:34 PM, Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:

[...]

Rick - N7WE

Oh Paula!  All three bands for the Valentine Sprint!  You go girl!

Rick - N7WE

On 2/8/2018 17:57, Paula K7PAX #1739 wrote:

Well guys, I finally got some time to sit down and dink with my station. I used the Heathkit tuner to tune up that QSO king wire on 40, 80 and 160 meters and could achieve an SWR of 1.5:1 or less on all three.

So I can tune it whether or not Ill be able to do anything is another story time will tell. This time I have the low end about 10 up in a tree, coming off the 35 tower. Running roughly north/south.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Dan:

There you go again causing trouble !

Sitting here hunkered down watching the snow fall. Expecting 10"  they say, but so far only about an inch. Schools taking snow day and Friday garbage pick up moved to Saturday. Hah !

Jerry n9avy

[...]

NoNo, not me!!!

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Feb 8, 2018, at 7:49 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry N9AVY

Methinks, thou protests to much !

[...]

VA7GEM-1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 02:57 pm, Paula K7PAX #1739 wrote:
Tuned up my wire

Well guys, I finally got some time to sit down and dink with my station. I used the Heathkit tuner to tune up that QSO king wire on 40, 80 and 160 meters and could achieve an SWR of 1.5:1 or less on all three.

So I can tune it whether or not Ill be able to do anything is another story time will tell. This time I have the low end about 10 up in a tree, coming off the 35 tower. Running roughly north/south.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Pula
I hope the low end is to the south.
GL de Barry

Paula K7PAX #1739

Yes, the low end is south. We shall soon see if it will work!

Paula

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:22 am, Paula K7PAX #1739 wrote:
Yes, the low end is south. We shall soon see if it will work!

Paula

On Feb 13, 2018, at 9:19 AM, VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor@...> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 02:57 pm, Paula K7PAX #1739 wrote:
Tuned up my wire

Well guys, I finally got some time to sit down and dink with my station. I used the Heathkit tuner to tune up that QSO king wire on 40, 80 and 160 meters and could achieve an SWR of 1.5:1 or less on all three.

So I can tune it whether or not Ill be able to do anything is another story time will tell. This time I have the low end about 10 up in a tree, coming off the 35 tower. Running roughly north/south.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Pula
I hope the low end is to the south.
GL de Barry
So the question becomes-
Should I try 40M mid-day like the east coast.
Should I try 20M by myself?
Hmmm
Barry

Jim K5SP

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paula K7PAX #1739

I’m here now on 80m but I don’t think anyone can hear me.

Paula K7PAX

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paula...

I heard you. Loud and clean.

I called you and "poof" you were gone.

Milt

N6mg

I’m here now on 80m but I don’t think anyone can hear me.

Paula K7PAX

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paula K7PAX #1739

I caught the tail end of you calling. I responded but no cigar. I could see a few others from time to time but couldn’t get any of them.

Paula K7PAX

On Feb 13, 2018, at 7:24 PM, Milton Garb <n6mg@...> wrote:

Paula...

I heard you. Loud and clean.

I called you and "poof" you were gone.

Milt

N6mg

I’m here now on 80m but I don’t think anyone can hear me.

Paula K7PAX

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Brian (N2MLP)

Sitting on 80m at 5:36utc

I’m here now on 80m but I don’t think anyone can hear me.

Paula K7PAX

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Brian (N2MLP)

Europe starting to trickle in

I’m here now on 80m but I don’t think anyone can hear me.

Paula K7PAX

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Brian (N2MLP)

Can see K7PAX weak  on east coast

I’m here now on 80m but I don’t think anyone can hear me.

Paula K7PAX

Where are you Paula, just worked Barry.....
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paula K7PAX #1739

Brian, your email is what got me back downstairs in the shack – nice to work you! My first contact in the sprint. Thanks!