Topics

070 Club survey: TDW on the WARC bands

N3DQU@...

Ok guys, looks like I am suddenly hearing nays for running the TDW on the
WARC bands, so let's have an official survey to see where the group stands:

QUESTION: Should the 070 Club include the WARC bands for the upcoming
Three Day Weekend?

Lemme know what you guys want to do...The 070 Club wouldn't be the 070
Club without yunz!....Jay, N3DQU.

n1zzz@...

NO!  We should exclude the WARC from the TDW

Jeremy N1ZZZ/4

packet2@...

Jay.

It will be a mistake to use the WARC bands for contesting or for any
other unauthorized use.

Onis K5COX

jjbaker <jjbaker@...>

I vote no, but the warc bands could use the activity. I never see any sigs
when I look at 17 meter band. We need to do something to boost activity and
it not be a contest.

Jeff Baker (KG4ENR)

Stu <mm0bsm@...>

No on the use of warc to stop others complaining maybe we can have skeds on
the warc bands at an other date
Stu MM0BSM

Ok guys, looks like I am suddenly hearing nays for running the TDW on
the
WARC bands, so let's have an official survey to see where the group
stands:

QUESTION: Should the 070 Club include the WARC bands for the upcoming
Three Day Weekend?

Lemme know what you guys want to do...The 070 Club wouldn't be the 070
Club without yunz!....Jay, N3DQU.

Bill Duffy <bjduffy2@...>

No on the WARC bands for contesting. Bill KA0VXK

Ok guys, looks like I am suddenly hearing nays for running the TDW on
the
WARC bands, so let's have an official survey to see where the group
stands:

QUESTION: Should the 070 Club include the WARC bands for the upcoming
Three Day Weekend?

Lemme know what you guys want to do...The 070 Club wouldn't be the 070
Club without yunz!....Jay, N3DQU.

w1sql@...

I vote no, to the use of the WARC bands.

Joe
W1SQL

Stephen J. Melachrinos <melachri@...>

Ok guys, looks like I am suddenly hearing nays for running the TDW
on the
WARC bands, so let's have an official survey to see where the group
stands:

QUESTION: Should the 070 Club include the WARC bands for the
upcoming
Three Day Weekend?
Although I could (and did) argue that our use of the bands would
not be the all-out contesting that is to be avoided on the WARC
bands, I find the philosophical arguments ("how much contesting is
too much?") to be compelling.

So I vote no on the use of the WARC bands.

Of course, for me this is only hypothetical. :-)

tgstoopssr@...

Hi guys....looks like the nays are going strong on this one.....and I
agree...no to the WARC bands for this one...there are still alot of 070''ers
that haven't voted, so let's hear from them too...cul de Tom N3XC

John Penezic <ag4cz@...>

Gotta go no on the WARC bands Jay. I do not think it would be in the better interest of PSK or the 070Club. We do need something to spur activity there however. How about WAS WARC????? Wonder who can get there first :)
73
John AG4CZ

Robert Daniel <daniel@...>

Gotta go no on the WARC bands Jay. I do not think it would be in the better interest of PSK or the 070Club. We do need something to spur activity there however. How about WAS WARC????? Wonder who can get there first :)
73
John AG4CZ

Capital idea, John!  I too enjoy the WARC bands, but it's no place for a contest, informal or not.

                                                                           '73, Bob Daniel

                                                                           W9FIF

w2cz@...

No WARC bands...This group is still growing for all the right reasons,  Let's
not risk being labeled as a bunch of LIDS.

           73 to all
                  Efrem W2CZ

Interested in Ham Radio?  Click here

John Durbin <durbinsjz@...>

I vote no on the the WARC bands.

Chris
KC8LJN

I vote no, to the use of the WARC bands.

Joe
W1SQL

   Ok guys, looks like I am suddenly hearing nays for running the TDW on the
WARC bands, so let's have an official survey to see where the group stands:

   QUESTION: Should the 070 Club include the WARC bands for the upcoming
Three Day Weekend?

   Lemme know what you guys want to do...The 070 Club wouldn't be the 070
Club without yunz!....Jay, N3DQU.

jlaganga <jlaganga@...>

I say no WARC

Thanks,
Joe LaGanga

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Ok guys, looks like I am suddenly hearing nays for running the TDW on the
WARC bands, so let's have an official survey to see where the group stands:

QUESTION: Should the 070 Club include the WARC bands for the upcoming
Three Day Weekend?

Lemme know what you guys want to do...The 070 Club wouldn't be the 070
Club without yunz!....Jay, N3DQU.

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Survey or no survey, the WARC bands are NON negotiable as far as contesting
is concerned. I will be on 80,40,20,15 and 10 meters. 73 Ernie

Ernest Mills
ICQ# 3948450
http://www.qsl.net/wm2u
http://www.geocities.com/wintonian

Richard B Drake

Agreed. NO WARC BANDS for TDW.

No WARC bands...This group is still growing for all the right reasons,  Let's
not risk being labeled as a bunch of LIDS.

           73 to all
                  Efrem W2CZ

Interested in Ham Radio?  Click here

Bob <k3cko@...>