Topics

070 Award Checker ?

w2eck

Ran my log thru the 070 Club award checker at http://hamclubs.info/070-checker/checker.cgi. Had a couple of questions afterwards and the site said to contact David Westbrook, KJ4IZW, which I did. Got an email back from David saying he hadn't been supporting the Award Checker for a few years now. So does anyone know who looks after the Award Checker now??

73 Paul w2eck

  - KJ4IZW

Jerry N9AVY

Paul:

The award chcker is looked after mostly by me as Director of Awards & Endorsements.  I keep a running daily spreadsheet which I submit to To Jim, K5SP.  Please direct your questions to me and Ill do my best to answer. I just processed one or more with your call this morning.

David , KJ4IZW, abandoned the checker about a year ago and the PODXS Team is working on a new version which is not read yet.

Jerry   N9AVY

Direcror of Awards & Endorsements.

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 03:20:17 PM CST, w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:

Ran my log thru the 070 Club award checker at http://hamclubs.info/070-checker/checker.cgi. Had a couple of questions afterwards and the site said to contact David Westbrook, KJ4IZW, which I did. Got an email back from David saying he hadn't been supporting the Award Checker for a few years now. So does anyone know who looks after the Award Checker now??

73 Paul w2eck

  - KJ4IZW

David, K9DWR

* w2eck <eckerpw@gmail.com> [2021-01-20 13:20]:
Ran my log thru the 070 Club award checker at
http://hamclubs.info/070-checker/checker.cgi. Had a couple of questions
afterwards and the site said to contact David Westbrook, KJ4IZW, which I did.
Got an email back from David saying he hadn't been supporting the Award
Checker for a few years now. So does anyone know who looks after the Award
Checker now??
Hi, Paul.

David's statement is true, unfortunately. He put a lot of work into the
checker, but has stepped away from actively supporting it. I've taken over
building a replacement for it, but have been focusing on the tools for scoring
our contests first (the first draft being those scorer upload pages you've probably seen).

Much of the current checker does still work, but there are some elements that
have broken over time. You can send me your specific questions, but if there is
something about the checker that is broken, it will not be fixed because the
club doesn't have access to fix the code itself. We've been trying to manually inject
updates in the back-end files where we can, but long-term will see the checker
replaced because there are parts that just can't be updated manually.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Jim K5SP

Whats your questions?  The checker is broken, and we have been manually reviewing everyone's submissions and recording awards.

We can't make changes we don't have access to the source code.

Jim K5SP

On Jan 20, 2021 3:20 PM, w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:
Ran my log thru the 070 Club award checker at http://hamclubs.info/070-checker/checker.cgi. Had a couple of questions afterwards and the site said to contact David Westbrook, KJ4IZW, which I did. Got an email back from David saying he hadn't been supporting the Award Checker for a few years now. So does anyone know who looks after the Award Checker now??

73 Paul w2eck

  - KJ4IZW

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

Paul,  I also processed an IOTA endorsement for you yesterday.  Any questions specific to the IOTA endorsement can be directed to me.

Loren WA3WZR

w2eck

David & Jim
I ran the PSK31 portion of my log thru the award checker. It had about 800 qsos. I submitted as W2ECK, but more than half the qsos were as KC2NYU my old call. For LNOP the Checker said I had 75 of 100. Wondering if Checker looked at both calls or just the W2ECK call?

tnx & 73 Paul w2eck

malcolm heard

Jim,

I submitted yesterday.  Right now you don’t need to check for anything for me except LNOP.  Hopefully that saves effort and time.

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 6:20 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Whats your questions?  The checker is broken, and we have been manually reviewing everyone's submissions and recording awards.

We can't make changes we don't have access to the source code.

Jim K5SP

On Jan 20, 2021 3:20 PM, w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:
Ran my log thru the 070 Club award checker at http://hamclubs.info/070-checker/checker.cgi. Had a couple of questions afterwards and the site said to contact David Westbrook, KJ4IZW, which I did. Got an email back from David saying he hadn't been supporting the Award Checker for a few years now. So does anyone know who looks after the Award Checker now??

73 Paul w2eck

  - KJ4IZW

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Jerry N9AVY

When was KC2NYU issued an 070 number ??? That might have something to do with it. If you never had an 070# under KC2NYU, those QSOs would be ignored.  However, if you were issued an 070# under KC2NYU, that might be one of the symptoms of Award Checker problems.

Jerry N9AVY

On Thursday, January 21, 2021, 08:45:00 AM CST, w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:

David & Jim
I ran the PSK31 portion of my log thru the award checker. It had about 800 qsos. I submitted as W2ECK, but more than half the qsos were as KC2NYU my old call. For LNOP the Checker said I had 75 of 100. Wondering if Checker looked at both calls or just the W2ECK call?

tnx & 73 Paul w2eck

w2eck

I did have a 070 number as KC2NYU
Paul

David, K9DWR

* w2eck <eckerpw@gmail.com> [2021-01-21 07:01]:
I did have a 070 number as KC2NYU
Unfortunately, LONP is one area that's been hit hard by the back-end breakage.
That's the first area of the code rewrite I'm working on as a result. Don't
expect anything meaningful for LONP out of the current checker.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

David, K9DWR

* David Rock <david@graniteweb.com> [2021-01-21 09:04]:
* w2eck <eckerpw@gmail.com> [2021-01-21 07:01]:
I did have a 070 number as KC2NYU
Unfortunately, LONP is one area that's been hit hard by the back-end breakage.
That's the first area of the code rewrite I'm working on as a result. Don't
expect anything meaningful for LONP out of the current checker.
And we do have your old call on record:

070# Call Start End
1713 KC2NYU 2013-09-19 2018-06-07
1713 W2ECK 2018-06-08

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Jim K5SP

And the checker was using a file that contained all your call information.  So, both calls should be recognized.

Jim K5SP

On 1/21/2021 9:06 AM, David, K9DWR wrote:
* David Rock <david@...> [2021-01-21 09:04]:
* w2eck <eckerpw@...> [2021-01-21 07:01]:
I did have a 070 number as KC2NYU
Unfortunately, LONP is one area that's been hit hard by the back-end breakage.
That's the first area of the code rewrite I'm working on as a result.  Don't
expect anything meaningful for LONP out of the current checker.
And we do have your old call on record:

070#	Call	Start		End
1713	KC2NYU	2013-09-19	2018-06-07
1713	W2ECK	2018-06-08

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

w2eck

OK guys, I'll wait till the Updated Log Checker is issued and try again. Thanks for the information.

73 Paul w2eck