Date   

Re: Help Sam!

 

KJ7RRV


-----Original Message-----
From: John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 1, 2021 8:50 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Help Sam!

What call sign are we looking for?

John
KC3FL


Re: Help Sam!

Jim K5SP
 

Yep, got an email from him also, you beat me to the reflector.

He is using an inverted V, he should be able to use a tuner and get on other bands.  Will ask him.

Jim K5SP

On 6/1/2021 12:07 PM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
Sam is not yet a member and on the group, so postings to the group don't go to him.  His email is:  sam@... I emailed him directly and got this response a few minutes ago.

Thank you! I am planning on being active from 4 PM to 5 PM PDT tonight.
73, Sam KJ7RRV

Look for him then on 20m.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: Help Sam!

Jerry N9AVY
 

Same here .

Jerry n9avy

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 12:07:59 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:


Sam is not yet a member and on the group, so postings to the group don't go to him.  His email is:  sam@... I emailed him directly and got this response a few minutes ago.

Thank you! I am planning on being active from 4 PM to 5 PM PDT tonight.
73, Sam KJ7RRV

Look for him then on 20m.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Re: Help Sam!

Rick - N7WE
 

Sam is not yet a member and on the group, so postings to the group don't go to him.  His email is:  sam@... I emailed him directly and got this response a few minutes ago.

Thank you! I am planning on being active from 4 PM to 5 PM PDT tonight.
73, Sam KJ7RRV

Look for him then on 20m.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Re: Help Sam!

Jerry N9AVY
 

You didn't. It was in body of Sam's message which you included in your original post.

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 11:26:27 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Sorry about leaving that off.  His call is KJ7RRV.

Jim K5SP 


On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM, John - KC3FL via groups.io
<kc3fl@...> wrote:

What call sign are we looking for?

John
KC3FL


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: Help Sam!

Jim K5SP
 

Sorry about leaving that off.  His call is KJ7RRV.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM, John - KC3FL via groups.io
<kc3fl@...> wrote:

What call sign are we looking for?

John
KC3FL


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: Help Sam!

Jerry N9AVY
 

KJ7RRV up in OR.

jerry

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 10:50:12 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:


What call sign are we looking for?

John
KC3FL


Re: Help Sam!

Jerry N9AVY
 

I'll look for Sam  and try to give him a PSK31 QSO.  

Jerry   n9avy

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 10:17:57 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Sam, provide a time that you will be active, and will make attempt to get you in the log.  The club members will assist you in obtaining the unique QSO's you need for membership.  I understand that you can only operate 20 meters.

Everybody, when Sam provides some time information, be looking for him on 20 meters.  Let's get him in the club in time for the TDW.

73
Jim K5SP

On 5/31/2021 9:22 PM, Sam via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
This is Sam KJ7RRV. I'm 14 years old and so far have done mostly FT8 on HF (other than a local 10 m SSB net and one CW contact with Fldigi [I just happened to find a CW CQ while searching for PSK31 signals]), but I want to have an actual conversation, not just "CQ CN72 AA00 -15 R RR73 73". I haven't had any PSK QSOs yet because I can't find activity on 20m (and that's the only band I have an antenna for). Nobody has answered any of my CQs, and the only signal I've received was a QSO between two other hams, but that was when I was a Technician, so I couldn't call them.
I'll definitely try to participate in TDW.
73 de KJ7RRV



 

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: Help Sam!

 

What call sign are we looking for?

John
KC3FL


Help Sam!

Jim K5SP
 

Sam, provide a time that you will be active, and will make attempt to get you in the log.  The club members will assist you in obtaining the unique QSO's you need for membership.  I understand that you can only operate 20 meters.

Everybody, when Sam provides some time information, be looking for him on 20 meters.  Let's get him in the club in time for the TDW.

73
Jim K5SP

On 5/31/2021 9:22 PM, Sam via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
This is Sam KJ7RRV. I'm 14 years old and so far have done mostly FT8 on HF (other than a local 10 m SSB net and one CW contact with Fldigi [I just happened to find a CW CQ while searching for PSK31 signals]), but I want to have an actual conversation, not just "CQ CN72 AA00 -15 R RR73 73". I haven't had any PSK QSOs yet because I can't find activity on 20m (and that's the only band I have an antenna for). Nobody has answered any of my CQs, and the only signal I've received was a QSO between two other hams, but that was when I was a Technician, so I couldn't call them.
I'll definitely try to participate in TDW.
73 de KJ7RRV



 

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: KC9UR QRZ Featured Member!

Bob KC9UR
 

Guess I missed out on my 5 minutes of fame.  :-(  Best wishes to all for a safe and healthy summer.  I'm looking forward to another APE with Stan (W9SMR) in August and to more Chimp Chases (couldn't make the first one).

Bob, KC9UR
 


Re: MixW

Jerry N9AVY
 

Changed XP box to a WIN7 box a couple years back. Now running MixW 3.2.   Think I tried to get it working on XP box back then , but with zero success.  I should probably never go near a computer....

Jerry   n9avy

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 02:24:29 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:


What version of MixW are you running? What version of Windows?
It's all on your end. It works for me and others too.
If you get the country flag pop-up icons, then it's working properly. You just don't have the correct 070 member info in the "icon.cfg" file or the 070 member icons in the "Icons" folder.



Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2021 11:20 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] MixW

Milt:

Tried several times to get that feature working unsuccessfully so gave up.

Jerry  n9avy #454

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 12:21:04 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:


Jerry, not an entirely double edged sword.
When my MixW prints an 070 Club members call sign, I get a small icon that pops up with their 
070 number, 1st name and their state.
If it's a member I've worked, it's of a particular color icon. 
If it's a member I haven't worked, it's of a different color icon.
Really works well for chasing LONP, and just surfing up and down my waterfall.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2021 9:43 am
Subject: [070Club] MixW

Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY


Re: MixW

 

What version of MixW are you running? What version of Windows?
It's all on your end. It works for me and others too.
If you get the country flag pop-up icons, then it's working properly. You just don't have the correct 070 member info in the "icon.cfg" file or the 070 member icons in the "Icons" folder.



Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2021 11:20 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] MixW

Milt:

Tried several times to get that feature working unsuccessfully so gave up.

Jerry  n9avy #454

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 12:21:04 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:


Jerry, not an entirely double edged sword.
When my MixW prints an 070 Club members call sign, I get a small icon that pops up with their 
070 number, 1st name and their state.
If it's a member I've worked, it's of a particular color icon. 
If it's a member I haven't worked, it's of a different color icon.
Really works well for chasing LONP, and just surfing up and down my waterfall.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2021 9:43 am
Subject: [070Club] MixW

Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY


Re: MixW

Jerry N9AVY
 

Kinda like those flags... Emoji

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 12:30:59 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


And, Jerry if there are icons you don't want displayed, just edit the icons file and remove them...that eliminates all the flags.

73
Jim K5SP

On 5/31/2021 11:43 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: MixW

Jerry N9AVY
 

Milt:

Tried several times to get that feature working unsuccessfully so gave up.

Jerry  n9avy #454

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 12:21:04 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:


Jerry, not an entirely double edged sword.
When my MixW prints an 070 Club members call sign, I get a small icon that pops up with their 
070 number, 1st name and their state.
If it's a member I've worked, it's of a particular color icon. 
If it's a member I haven't worked, it's of a different color icon.
Really works well for chasing LONP, and just surfing up and down my waterfall.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2021 9:43 am
Subject: [070Club] MixW

Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY


Re: MixW

Jim K5SP
 

And, Jerry if there are icons you don't want displayed, just edit the icons file and remove them...that eliminates all the flags.

73
Jim K5SP

On 5/31/2021 11:43 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: MixW

 

Jerry, not an entirely double edged sword.
When my MixW prints an 070 Club members call sign, I get a small icon that pops up with their 
070 number, 1st name and their state.
If it's a member I've worked, it's of a particular color icon. 
If it's a member I haven't worked, it's of a different color icon.
Really works well for chasing LONP, and just surfing up and down my waterfall.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2021 9:43 am
Subject: [070Club] MixW

Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY


Re: Welcome 2839, 2840

Fr Richard R
 

I am a little lacking in my welcoming,
So welcome to all new members!!

Fr Richard
WB8YXF
2328




On Monday, May 31, 2021, 1:16:15 PM EDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Please join me in welcoming new members:

2839  Carlos  TI2BSH    05-30-21
2840  Mau      OA4DOS  05-30-21

Jim K5SP
Executive/Membership Director


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Welcome 2839, 2840

Jim K5SP
 

Please join me in welcoming new members:

2839  Carlos  TI2BSH    05-30-21
2840  Mau      OA4DOS  05-30-21

Jim K5SP
Executive/Membership Director


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


MixW

Jerry N9AVY
 

Gotta love this software !   Copying mail on 20m and see a guy named Jordan; so MixW sticks a little Jordanian flag next to his name , does that mean he's a Arab ?   Hardly.

One of the quirkier quirks of MixW is that when ever you print the name of a country it sticks a flag next to name...   New Mexico gets a Mexican flag...  New England gets a Union Jack... never wish anyone a Happy Turkey Day because you'll get a little Turkish flag in there ....and so on.  

Emoji

Jerry  N9AVY

1281 - 1300 of 67686