Date   

Re: New Director

Fr Richard R
 

Congrats Milt, thanks for serving.

Fr Richard
WB8YXF





On Friday, September 10, 2021, 11:23:06 AM EDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


I am pleased to announce that we have added a new director to the club, Director of LONP and Contests.  This new position will be filled by N6MG, Milt, effective today, 9/10/21.

This director has the following job description. 

 1.  Perform analysis and approval for LONP.  Specifically those with member numbers >2786, for whom the endorsement checker no longer recognizes.
 2.  Perform analysis and approval for LONP contacts with member numers >2786 to ensure all members get approripate credit.
 3.  Communicating with various organizations that maintain & publish Contest Calendar's to insure that we're properly published.
 4.  Communicating on an individual basis, with new and existing members about our events.
 5.  Analyzing and research on potential new contests & operating events.
 6.  Assisting the various other 070 Club Department Director's with interfacing these responsibilities with their responsibilities.
 7.  Asking membership, survey, as a group and/or on an individual basis, for proposals on possible changes or amendments to existing contests, and/or possible new contests.
 8.  Carefully analyze & communicate with upper club management on changes or modifications to rules and publish any advisory approved changes to the membership.
 9.  Maintain an amiable relationship with all members.

Thanks to Milt for all the hours he has put into LONP and other activities without having an official position.   Any LONP issues should be directed to N6MG.

73

Jim K5SP


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: New Director

Jerry N9AVY
 

Congrats Milt !!!    Know you'll do a good job as Director of LONP !

Jerry  n9avy  #454

On Friday, September 10, 2021, 10:23:07 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


I am pleased to announce that we have added a new director to the club, Director of LONP and Contests.  This new position will be filled by N6MG, Milt, effective today, 9/10/21.

This director has the following job description. 

 1.  Perform analysis and approval for LONP.  Specifically those with member numbers >2786, for whom the endorsement checker no longer recognizes.
 2.  Perform analysis and approval for LONP contacts with member numers >2786 to ensure all members get approripate credit.
 3.  Communicating with various organizations that maintain & publish Contest Calendar's to insure that we're properly published.
 4.  Communicating on an individual basis, with new and existing members about our events.
 5.  Analyzing and research on potential new contests & operating events.
 6.  Assisting the various other 070 Club Department Director's with interfacing these responsibilities with their responsibilities.
 7.  Asking membership, survey, as a group and/or on an individual basis, for proposals on possible changes or amendments to existing contests, and/or possible new contests.
 8.  Carefully analyze & communicate with upper club management on changes or modifications to rules and publish any advisory approved changes to the membership.
 9.  Maintain an amiable relationship with all members.

Thanks to Milt for all the hours he has put into LONP and other activities without having an official position.   Any LONP issues should be directed to N6MG.

73

Jim K5SP


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: New Director

 

Congratulations to Milt and good choice Jim.  The need for an additional director is a sign our group is strong and growing.  Just think a few years ago there were plans to dismantle the group but we're still here.

John
KC3FL


New Director

Jim K5SP
 

I am pleased to announce that we have added a new director to the club, Director of LONP and Contests.  This new position will be filled by N6MG, Milt, effective today, 9/10/21.

This director has the following job description. 

 1.  Perform analysis and approval for LONP.  Specifically those with member numbers >2786, for whom the endorsement checker no longer recognizes.
 2.  Perform analysis and approval for LONP contacts with member numers >2786 to ensure all members get approripate credit.
 3.  Communicating with various organizations that maintain & publish Contest Calendar's to insure that we're properly published.
 4.  Communicating on an individual basis, with new and existing members about our events.
 5.  Analyzing and research on potential new contests & operating events.
 6.  Assisting the various other 070 Club Department Director's with interfacing these responsibilities with their responsibilities.
 7.  Asking membership, survey, as a group and/or on an individual basis, for proposals on possible changes or amendments to existing contests, and/or possible new contests.
 8.  Carefully analyze & communicate with upper club management on changes or modifications to rules and publish any advisory approved changes to the membership.
 9.  Maintain an amiable relationship with all members.

Thanks to Milt for all the hours he has put into LONP and other activities without having an official position.   Any LONP issues should be directed to N6MG.

73

Jim K5SP


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: W6QP Log today.

 

JoAnn...you've already worked W6QP...it's in your log?
You're not in his log.
Want to give me details and I'll check again?
Milt.
N6MG
W6QP - Trustee


-----Original Message-----
From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Sep 9, 2021 6:58 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] W6QP Log today.

Already got him. Joann AB8YZ 

On Sep 9, 2021 6:07 PM, "N6MG - Milt. via groups.io" <n6mg@...> wrote:
AB8YZ, JoAnn. You were strong on the waterfall today, then disappeared. 
SFI is 101, w/no storms. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Red
W6QP
070-1454
LONP #207


Re: W6QP Log today.

JoAnn Donaldson
 

Already got him. Joann AB8YZ 

On Sep 9, 2021 6:07 PM, "N6MG - Milt. via groups.io" <n6mg@...> wrote:
AB8YZ, JoAnn. You were strong on the waterfall today, then disappeared. 
SFI is 101, w/no storms. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Red
W6QP
070-1454
LONP #207


W6QP Log today.

 

AB8YZ, JoAnn. You were strong on the waterfall today, then disappeared. 
SFI is 101, w/no storms. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Red
W6QP
070-1454
LONP #207


W6QP i- 070-1454 on 20m

 

W6QP, 070-1454, is on 20m cq'n until 2000 zulu.
If you call, pls be patient. Not much in the way of macro's set up.
Milt.
N6MG
W6QP Trustee


Re: HUDAK RESULTS #information

Jim K5SP
 

Logs aren't due until 9/12. Results will be finalized then and results posted asap 

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 2:49 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N
<dwtucker19@...> wrote:
Where can I find out the results of the Hudak contest?
Thanks
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: HUDAK RESULTS #information

Leland Sly
 

Results for this year have not been announced yet.  Should be available in about a week.

Results for past contests can be found in the Files section of the Groups IO email for the 070 club.  Here is a link...


73

Lee N5SLY

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 2:49 PM Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:
Where can I find out the results of the Hudak contest?
Thanks
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's


HUDAK RESULTS #information

 

Where can I find out the results of the Hudak contest?
Thanks
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's


Re: Hudak 80M Sprint

 

A lot of resonant length aluminum, or wire, as high and in the clear always helps.
It's 80 meters. You can't possibly put it too high.
I'm re-doing mine right now, and I'm starting with a Chameleon EmComm II in a sloper configuration. 
There's several different configurations for this type antenna. Whatever I end up with on 80m & 160m will be resonant. No tuner.
Considering our mode of choice and the low power used, I'm hard pressed to depend on anything as "magic" on the lower bands.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Sep 6, 2021 9:59 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Hudak 80M Sprint

I had the same issues.   I've got to get a better antenna for 80.   Hopefully soon!  

73 
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     de  KG5OIB
     John Hendry
     Decatur, Wise County, Texas
     LOC:  EM13eg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Re: LONP APPLICATION FOR AB8YZ

JoAnn Donaldson
 

Thank you. I have my master list updated.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, September 5, 2021, 07:49:40 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:



Jim, K5SP,
I've reviewed the attached log for JoAnn, AB8YZ.
All contacts appear to be within the guidelines for LONP approval, except as noted.
My Excel macro's found 11 duplicate contacts, leaving 60 for JoAnn's LONP total out of 71 submitted.
I'd be pleased to pass on my Macro.

JoAnn, AB8YZ,
Attached is your annotated submittal, & thanks for your participation in the
LONP award chase!
Your Macro's need a bit of tweaking.

Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76


Re: Hudak 80M Sprint

John Hendry KG5OIB
 

I had the same issues.   I've got to get a better antenna for 80.   Hopefully soon!  

73 
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas

     LOC:  EM13eg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


LONP APPLICATION FOR AB8YZ

 


Jim, K5SP,
I've reviewed the attached log for JoAnn, AB8YZ.
All contacts appear to be within the guidelines for LONP approval, except as noted.
My Excel macro's found 11 duplicate contacts, leaving 60 for JoAnn's LONP total out of 71 submitted.
I'd be pleased to pass on my Macro.

JoAnn, AB8YZ,
Attached is your annotated submittal, & thanks for your participation in the
LONP award chase!
Your Macro's need a bit of tweaking.

Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76


Re: LONP Spreadsheet

Jerry N9AVY
 



On Sunday, September 5, 2021, 07:03:03 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:


Milt,
   This fine.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, September 5, 2021, 06:49:14 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:


JoAnn,
I've completed the checking of your publicly submitted LONP application, along with all of your remarks, as also noted by the membership.
Let me ask you? 
Do you want me to return your LONP application via this group email reflector, or direct to you?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Sep 5, 2021 2:48 pm
Subject: [070Club] LONP Spreadsheet

I got my daughter who is a wizard at Excel to Automate my LONP Spreadsheet. Ino longer need to lookup a person's call to get their 070 Number. She sent me a YouTube Link that shows how this works. I would hope that many of you will be able to Automate your LONP Spreeadsheet by how this person did it in the video.

JoAnn
AB8YZ





Re: LONP Spreadsheet

JoAnn Donaldson
 

Milt,
   This fine.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, September 5, 2021, 06:49:14 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:


JoAnn,
I've completed the checking of your publicly submitted LONP application, along with all of your remarks, as also noted by the membership.
Let me ask you? 
Do you want me to return your LONP application via this group email reflector, or direct to you?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Sep 5, 2021 2:48 pm
Subject: [070Club] LONP Spreadsheet

I got my daughter who is a wizard at Excel to Automate my LONP Spreadsheet. Ino longer need to lookup a person's call to get their 070 Number. She sent me a YouTube Link that shows how this works. I would hope that many of you will be able to Automate your LONP Spreeadsheet by how this person did it in the video.

JoAnn
AB8YZ





Re: LONP Spreadsheet

Jerry N9AVY
 

In some cases you will need to know the valid start date for new members when you work them. For example: if you work our newest member, W0HL,  you need to know that QSOs previous to 9/3/21 will not count for LONP.

Does your spreadsheet give you that info ???  Just curious...

Jerry  n9avy

On Sunday, September 5, 2021, 04:48:27 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:


I got my daughter who is a wizard at Excel to Automate my LONP Spreadsheet. Ino longer need to lookup a person's call to get their 070 Number. She sent me a YouTube Link that shows how this works. I would hope that many of you will be able to Automate your LONP Spreeadsheet by how this person did it in the video.

JoAnn
AB8YZ





Re: LONP Spreadsheet

 

JoAnn,
I've completed the checking of your publicly submitted LONP application, along with all of your remarks, as also noted by the membership.
Let me ask you? 
Do you want me to return your LONP application via this group email reflector, or direct to you?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Sep 5, 2021 2:48 pm
Subject: [070Club] LONP Spreadsheet

I got my daughter who is a wizard at Excel to Automate my LONP Spreadsheet. Ino longer need to lookup a person's call to get their 070 Number. She sent me a YouTube Link that shows how this works. I would hope that many of you will be able to Automate your LONP Spreeadsheet by how this person did it in the video.

JoAnn
AB8YZ





LONP Spreadsheet

JoAnn Donaldson
 

I got my daughter who is a wizard at Excel to Automate my LONP Spreadsheet. Ino longer need to lookup a person's call to get their 070 Number. She sent me a YouTube Link that shows how this works. I would hope that many of you will be able to Automate your LONP Spreeadsheet by how this person did it in the video.

JoAnn
AB8YZ




681 - 700 of 68333