Date   

Re: Winter Field Day

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381
 

I saved the category and section info in .QRZ. I could duplicate it in Fldigi I suppose.  Wasn't that many contacts. I thought file transfer would be easier than what I'm finding. 
 Dave
KB3RAN



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

-------- Original message --------
From: "Chuck M via groups.io" <cam51mail@...>
Date: 1/31/21 21:41 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Could use fldigi.  Import adi file as new log, then export as cabrillo.  Have not tried this combination.

Do use fldigi, so plan to export my WFD log in both formats.

And thanks for WFD QSO.

GL

Chuck
KD9DVB



On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 9:22 PM, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io
<davehardy0101@...> wrote:
Okay, I logged my Section and Category info into QRZ.com and it's now saved as an .adif file.  The WFD wants a Cabrillo file.  What's a good file converter.  Not finding anything suitable yet.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...>
To: boat.anchor@... <boat.anchor@...>; main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Good question. Didn't see you.  Haven't seen you for a long time.  Looking for prop to get better again.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: Barry VA7GEM via groups.io <boat.anchor@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 8:15 pm
Subject: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Do we do participation stickers for this one?
TVM
Barry

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381


Re: Winter Field Day

Chuck M
 

Could use fldigi.  Import adi file as new log, then export as cabrillo.  Have not tried this combination.

Do use fldigi, so plan to export my WFD log in both formats.

And thanks for WFD QSO.

GL

Chuck
KD9DVB



On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 9:22 PM, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io
<davehardy0101@...> wrote:
Okay, I logged my Section and Category info into QRZ.com and it's now saved as an .adif file.  The WFD wants a Cabrillo file.  What's a good file converter.  Not finding anything suitable yet.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...>
To: boat.anchor@... <boat.anchor@...>; main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Good question. Didn't see you.  Haven't seen you for a long time.  Looking for prop to get better again.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: Barry VA7GEM via groups.io <boat.anchor@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 8:15 pm
Subject: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Do we do participation stickers for this one?
TVM
Barry

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381


Re: Winter Field Day

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381
 

Okay, I logged my Section and Category info into QRZ.com and it's now saved as an .adif file.  The WFD wants a Cabrillo file.  What's a good file converter.  Not finding anything suitable yet.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...>
To: boat.anchor@... <boat.anchor@...>; main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Good question. Didn't see you.  Haven't seen you for a long time.  Looking for prop to get better again.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: Barry VA7GEM via groups.io <boat.anchor@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 8:15 pm
Subject: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Do we do participation stickers for this one?
TVM
Barry

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381


Re: Winter Field Day

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381
 

Good question. Didn't see you.  Haven't seen you for a long time.  Looking for prop to get better again.

Dave
KB3RAN


-----Original Message-----
From: Barry VA7GEM via groups.io <boat.anchor@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 8:15 pm
Subject: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Do we do participation stickers for this one?
TVM
Barry

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381


Winter Field Day

Barry VA7GEM
 

Do we do participation stickers for this one?
TVM
Barry


Re: 30M

Jerry N9AVY
 

That's probably why I abandoned HRD years ago.  When it's working it's okay, but when things start locking up it's a pain.  Have been using MixW 3.2 for years and it seems to be a stable platform for me.

My opinion of HRD is that they are asking it to do too much. Old electronic saying, "...the more bells & whistles you have, the more problems you encounter ..".

Jerry

On Sunday, January 31, 2021, 05:52:39 PM CST, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:


I've been having problems with DM780 locking up also, but can't find where it traces back to. It does it more often when I first start it up.

Randy W4RTT


From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of Brian (N2MLP) <n2mlp@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30M
 

No problem

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30M

 

Having problems with DM780 locking up on me. I think it is the callsign lookup function. Sorry i didn't answer you Brian!
--
Paula K7PAX #1739


Re: 30M

Randy True
 

I've been having problems with DM780 locking up also, but can't find where it traces back to. It does it more often when I first start it up.

Randy W4RTT


From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of Brian (N2MLP) <n2mlp@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30M
 

No problem

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30M

 

Having problems with DM780 locking up on me. I think it is the callsign lookup function. Sorry i didn't answer you Brian!
--
Paula K7PAX #1739


Re: 30M

Brian (N2MLP)
 

No problem

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30M

 

Having problems with DM780 locking up on me. I think it is the callsign lookup function. Sorry i didn't answer you Brian!
--
Paula K7PAX #1739


Re: 30M

Brian (N2MLP)
 

KK6IQL  spotted

 

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy True
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:22 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] 30M

 

FT8 is open for the FT8 guys, should work for us too. I'll be calling for a little bit. 6:22 Eastern

 

Randy W4RTT


Re: 30M

Paula K7PAX #1739
 

Having problems with DM780 locking up on me. I think it is the callsign lookup function. Sorry i didn't answer you Brian!
--
Paula K7PAX #1739


Re: 30M

Brian (N2MLP)
 

Just saw K7PAX in PA

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy True
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:22 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] 30M

 

FT8 is open for the FT8 guys, should work for us too. I'll be calling for a little bit. 6:22 Eastern

 

Randy W4RTT


Re: 30M

Brian (N2MLP)
 

On 30M   see nothing

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy True
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:22 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] 30M

 

FT8 is open for the FT8 guys, should work for us too. I'll be calling for a little bit. 6:22 Eastern

 

Randy W4RTT


30M

Randy True
 

FT8 is open for the FT8 guys, should work for us too. I'll be calling for a little bit. 6:22 Eastern

Randy W4RTT


Re: Real-time QSO coordination

Randy True
 

Hi Mike, I never knew the scheduler was available. Thanks for the info.

Randy W4RTT


From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of Mike W4BZM <behrcave@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:04 AM
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] Real-time QSO coordination
 
Thank you, THANK YOU, Randy W4RTT, for offering to take the “I’m here, anybody else” traffic off the email and into a chat room.

There is another option that is always available and independent of band — the PODXS Schedule Page at http://n8fq.org/sked/index.php?board=podxs.  It seems perfect for this type of coordination but is seldom used.  Wish more members would give it a try.

Mike  W4BZM


Re: Fldigi questions

 

Well, if you pause the waterfall it is still showing the decodes in the browser going at the same speed so it looks like it has no effect on the decoding.

John
KC3FL


Re: Stickers, Stickers, Stickers

K7DWI Art
 

Good morning,
I don't chase paper.
I don't post much here anymore, but I always appreciate the stickers.
I got mine yesterday.
Thanks. I appreciate your work and the thoughts from you all. Now if I could get propagation east of the Rockies 🙄
73 
Art K7DWI #2518


Fldigi questions

Chuck M
 

Currently running v4.1.12 on a RPi 4B+ w/ 4 GB memory.  

What effect, if any, does setting the speed button below the waterfall have on decoding ability?  Use slow for slow computers?

Same question re changing number of channels in preview window?

Thanks
Chuck
KD9DVB



Real-time QSO coordination

Mike W4BZM
 

Thank you, THANK YOU, Randy W4RTT, for offering to take the “I’m here, anybody else” traffic off the email and into a chat room.

There is another option that is always available and independent of band — the PODXS Schedule Page at http://n8fq.org/sked/index.php?board=podxs.  It seems perfect for this type of coordination but is seldom used.  Wish more members would give it a try.

Mike  W4BZM


Welcome 2823

Jim K5SP
 

Please join me in welcoming new member:

2823  Dave  VE3ZDR

Welcome to the club Dave!

Jim K5SP
Executive Director/Membership Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: 30 meters wide open

 

been cq'n for about 25-30 minutes...no responses from anyone. 10.141.0

n6mg


-----Original Message-----
From: n6mg@...
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jan 30, 2021 7:11 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30 meters wide open

you betcha...just saw your email...
i'm there.
n6mg


-----Original Message-----
From: Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io <hamette@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] 30 meters wide open

OK Milt, it is tomorrow today. Wanna try again?
--
Paula K7PAX #1739

1241 - 1260 of 66662