Date   

Re: LONP Congrats KB3MOW aka K1DJE

Dave Corio
 

I hate to appear ungrateful, but I got LONP # 109 back in December of 2008. No doubt the new call sign played a part. I no longer hold the call KB3MOW. I replaced that with my late Brother's call, K1DJE.

Thanks es 73
Dave - K1DJE


LONP Congrats WJ4HCP

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! WJ4HCP

WJ4HCP has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #439.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats W4BZM

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! W4BZM

W4BZM has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #438.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats RD6LK aka R3HH

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! RD6LK

RD6LK aka R3HH has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #437.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats KG7STV aka W7PFB

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! KG7STV

KG7STV aka W7PFB has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #432.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats KC0QIK aka AE0IB

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! KC0QIK

KC0QIK aka AE0IB has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #435.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats KB9UMT

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! KB9UMT

KB9UMT has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #434.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats KB3MOW aka K1DJE

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! KB3MOW

KB3MOW aka K1DJE has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #433.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


LONP Congrats - KB1PSP aka N7CQU

Jim K5SP
 

LONP Congrats!! KB1PSP

KB1PSP aka N7CQU has submitted evidence of 100 or more QSO's and has become LONP Member #432.


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Re: Eqsl confirmations ?

Jerry N9AVY
 

Paula:

Same here, but I always otify the sender of rejection. Seems fair so he doesn't keep bugging me...

Jerry

On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 03:28:31 PM CDT, Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io <hamette@...> wrote:


Jerry,

I upload to eQSL from my logbook so matching QSOs are automatically confirmed. When I receive  QSLs that are unconfirmed, I check my log to see if there is a mismatch of time, mode, band, etc. and either make corrections, or notify the other party that their submission may have an error. Sometimes they are just flat not in my log, and they are deleted. You can choose whether or not to notify the sender when you take these actions.

Paula K7PAX 1739

-----Original Message-----
From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2020 13:23
To: 070 Club
Subject: [070Club] Eqsl confirmations ?

Wondering how many of us bother to check if stations who send Eqsls are really stations we've worked or do we just blindly go ahead and respond with our Eqsl.

Have had a few I've rejected over the past few months... mostly from Europe.  One station claimed he worked me 25 April .. wasn't even on the air that day.  Think there are some who "think" they worked a station, but in reality the heard what they "thought" was the station working them , but the station was in QSO with a different station.

Guess I'll be checking Eqsl now closer than ever.  Still prefer LoTW because it's nearly impossible for that sort of thing to happen.  LoTW has been down here since 22 Jan 2020, but am working at getting it up and running again.  Had to get a new certificate.

jerry  n9avy










Re: Eqsl confirmations ?

Eric KG6MZS
 

Jerry,

I’ve never been a big fan of eQSL but I have been rethinking that.

I decided to upload my log for the first time in a long time and I got a few emails telling me about some problems with my log. Sometimes my internal clock doesn’t correct for UT when my computer boots up. I usually spot this and correct it, but not always. A few people where kind enough t to notify me of this error and I went back and corrected two dozen or so bad entrees. Thanks to them some other QSOs got verified on LoTW.

Thanks to eQSL!

Another country heard from,
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jun 7, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Wondering how many of us bother to check if stations who send Eqsls are really stations we've worked or do we just blindly go ahead and respond with our Eqsl.

Have had a few I've rejected over the past few months... mostly from Europe. One station claimed he worked me 25 April .. wasn't even on the air that day. Think there are some who "think" they worked a station, but in reality the heard what they "thought" was the station working them , but the station was in QSO with a different station.

Guess I'll be checking Eqsl now closer than ever. Still prefer LoTW because it's nearly impossible for that sort of thing to happen. LoTW has been down here since 22 Jan 2020, but am working at getting it up and running again. Had to get a new certificate.

jerry n9avy




Re: Eqsl confirmations ?

Paula K7PAX #1739
 

Jerry,

I upload to eQSL from my logbook so matching QSOs are automatically confirmed. When I receive QSLs that are unconfirmed, I check my log to see if there is a mismatch of time, mode, band, etc. and either make corrections, or notify the other party that their submission may have an error. Sometimes they are just flat not in my log, and they are deleted. You can choose whether or not to notify the sender when you take these actions.

Paula K7PAX 1739

-----Original Message-----
From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2020 13:23
To: 070 Club
Subject: [070Club] Eqsl confirmations ?

Wondering how many of us bother to check if stations who send Eqsls are really stations we've worked or do we just blindly go ahead and respond with our Eqsl.

Have had a few I've rejected over the past few months... mostly from Europe. One station claimed he worked me 25 April .. wasn't even on the air that day. Think there are some who "think" they worked a station, but in reality the heard what they "thought" was the station working them , but the station was in QSO with a different station.

Guess I'll be checking Eqsl now closer than ever. Still prefer LoTW because it's nearly impossible for that sort of thing to happen. LoTW has been down here since 22 Jan 2020, but am working at getting it up and running again. Had to get a new certificate.

jerry n9avy


Eqsl confirmations ?

Jerry N9AVY
 

Wondering how many of us bother to check if stations who send Eqsls are really stations we've worked or do we just blindly go ahead and respond with our Eqsl.

Have had a few I've rejected over the past few months... mostly from Europe. One station claimed he worked me 25 April .. wasn't even on the air that day. Think there are some who "think" they worked a station, but in reality the heard what they "thought" was the station working them , but the station was in QSO with a different station.

Guess I'll be checking Eqsl now closer than ever. Still prefer LoTW because it's nearly impossible for that sort of thing to happen. LoTW has been down here since 22 Jan 2020, but am working at getting it up and running again. Had to get a new certificate.

jerry n9avy


Re: CN98, CN96

Steve McEdwards
 

Hi Paul,
A couple of years back I ran a Little Tarheel II on my pickup with an Ft857d, only SSB but I made all kind of contacts all over the USA and Europe. I found it works really well.
Good luck 
73 de Steve
VA3TPS #526


On Sun., 7 Jun. 2020 at 12:50 p.m., Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
<w7pfb@...> wrote:
Ok, folks, things are finally starting to open up here in WA state.  Which means it’s time for me to get moving on activating CN98 and CN96.
If you have other grids you need in WA state by all means add them to the list.

Here’s my plan:
1.  I need to arrange to have a PSK station in the car.  My current plan is to run my KX3 and KXPA-100, which I’ve been using lately for PSK and liked quite a bit.  I don’t like Windows but the computer side of things will be a Windows laptop.

2.  I need some portable antenna.  I’ve been using the Buddipole for portable stuff but it’s a pain and I’ve been unimpressed with performance.  So my plan is looking a lot like a Little Tarheel II with a long whip, and a mag mount on top of my car.  I have no plans to run it when the car is in motion so that’s not an issue.  If folks have better ideas for antennas by all means let me know.  I want to be able to work from parking lots in parks, pretty much wherever I can park the car.  So throwing an end-fed up into a tree might not be the best plan.

3.  Once I get the station details worked out I will ask folks for some help testing it out here in CN97 where I can solve any glitches easily.

4.  Once it’s been all debugged I’ll take the show on the road.

My first trip will be to the SW corner of CN98.  I don’t think that’s ideally situated for propagation but it is proximate to my home, so I can dash up there, run for six hours or so, then come home.

After that I will start trying to find a good place on the east side of the mountains, where I suspect prop will be a little better.

Finally, Mount Rainier lies within CN96.  I think it would be a delight to drive up onto the mountain, go for a run on the trails, and operate PSK31 for a while.  I’m thinking Sunrise might be nice, and it’s up at about 6500 feet so that might be an advantage.

Comments?  Suggestions?  I’m eager to give this a whirl.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!




Re: Ham Club Membership List

David Westbrook
 

Dan/Jim -- it's an upstream data issue... In the google spreadsheet there are some bad values with newlines in them.  e.g. the state for member 2420 was entered as "CO<NEWLINE>" ..  (ditto for 2715 and 2571 -- extra newlines in the state value).   That messes up the (inhenrently fragile) google->CSV->hamclubs processes.  But if you fix the source data, it'll flow through properly next refresh.

>   I believe it updates itself somehow

Yep! it was all completely automated, but very sensitive (for all the various clubs/datasources, not just 070) to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out   and over time as the source data changes, it "breaks" the output.  but overall it's been pretty good for being totally unattended!  Which is why it's still up -- if some part of it is still working [with 0 dev time] and benefits someone, then great!

73!
--david
K2DW



On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 7:09 PM Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Bob - That is an issue with the hamclubs.info site.  It is maintained by someone else and they do not keep it updated any longer.  I believe it updates itself somehow, however, those errors are not being fixed.  I have to go into the file and delete those as well every time I download the data file.  Kind of a pain but better than not having it at all I guess.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!



On Jun 6, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

Not sure this is an issue or not but thought I would ask.  I use the Ham Club membership List  for 070 on the hamclubs.info web site and DX Labs SpotCollector.  Until recently it worked great.  I use FLDIGI and the bridge to the DX Labs suite.  As soon as I click on a call sign, DX View will tell me if someone is a PODXS member.  Recently some of the call signs were not recognized even though there were in the membership list.  I went though the list and found three locations where a 070-0000 was not attached to a call sign. Here are the locations in the list.
Between member (2420 and 2421), (2715 and 2716) and (2571 and 2572). 
I manually went in and deleted the extra 070-0000 and everything seems to work great again.  It appears SpotCollector has issues with the extra characters.  I'm not asking for a fix but want to know if the extra characters are in the list for another reason.  Thanks.
--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484


Re: CN98, CN96

Jerry N9AVY
 

Hi Paul !

Great trip you have planned ! Only grid I need is the one you're going to - CN98 ! That will complete WA ! Hope propagation will be better by the time you get there.

As always, motor safe and keep the eyes on the road.

73, Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 11:50:36 AM CDT, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:


Ok, folks, things are finally starting to open up here in WA state.  Which means it’s time for me to get moving on activating CN98 and CN96.
If you have other grids you need in WA state by all means add them to the list.

Here’s my plan:
1.  I need to arrange to have a PSK station in the car.  My current plan is to run my KX3 and KXPA-100, which I’ve been using lately for PSK and liked quite a bit.  I don’t like Windows but the computer side of things will be a Windows laptop.

2.  I need some portable antenna.  I’ve been using the Buddipole for portable stuff but it’s a pain and I’ve been unimpressed with performance.  So my plan is looking a lot like a Little Tarheel II with a long whip, and a mag mount on top of my car.  I have no plans to run it when the car is in motion so that’s not an issue.  If folks have better ideas for antennas by all means let me know.  I want to be able to work from parking lots in parks, pretty much wherever I can park the car.  So throwing an end-fed up into a tree might not be the best plan.

3.  Once I get the station details worked out I will ask folks for some help testing it out here in CN97 where I can solve any glitches easily.

4.  Once it’s been all debugged I’ll take the show on the road.

My first trip will be to the SW corner of CN98.  I don’t think that’s ideally situated for propagation but it is proximate to my home, so I can dash up there, run for six hours or so, then come home.

After that I will start trying to find a good place on the east side of the mountains, where I suspect prop will be a little better.

Finally, Mount Rainier lies within CN96.  I think it would be a delight to drive up onto the mountain, go for a run on the trails, and operate PSK31 for a while.  I’m thinking Sunrise might be nice, and it’s up at about 6500 feet so that might be an advantage.

Comments?  Suggestions?  I’m eager to give this a whirl.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!




CN98, CN96

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

Ok, folks, things are finally starting to open up here in WA state. Which means it’s time for me to get moving on activating CN98 and CN96.
If you have other grids you need in WA state by all means add them to the list.

Here’s my plan:
1. I need to arrange to have a PSK station in the car. My current plan is to run my KX3 and KXPA-100, which I’ve been using lately for PSK and liked quite a bit. I don’t like Windows but the computer side of things will be a Windows laptop.

2. I need some portable antenna. I’ve been using the Buddipole for portable stuff but it’s a pain and I’ve been unimpressed with performance. So my plan is looking a lot like a Little Tarheel II with a long whip, and a mag mount on top of my car. I have no plans to run it when the car is in motion so that’s not an issue. If folks have better ideas for antennas by all means let me know. I want to be able to work from parking lots in parks, pretty much wherever I can park the car. So throwing an end-fed up into a tree might not be the best plan.

3. Once I get the station details worked out I will ask folks for some help testing it out here in CN97 where I can solve any glitches easily.

4. Once it’s been all debugged I’ll take the show on the road.

My first trip will be to the SW corner of CN98. I don’t think that’s ideally situated for propagation but it is proximate to my home, so I can dash up there, run for six hours or so, then come home.

After that I will start trying to find a good place on the east side of the mountains, where I suspect prop will be a little better.

Finally, Mount Rainier lies within CN96. I think it would be a delight to drive up onto the mountain, go for a run on the trails, and operate PSK31 for a while. I’m thinking Sunrise might be nice, and it’s up at about 6500 feet so that might be an advantage.

Comments? Suggestions? I’m eager to give this a whirl.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!


Re: 6m PSK31 Anyone?

KC9SEB / 070: #1579 / 10:10: #76773 / EPC: 19755
 

Things are pretty dead here in EN51; I worked a PSK63 station yesterday (in a contest) out of boredom.......Is it just me; but....

  • More and More CW within the allocations
  • A quick look at pskrepertor.info - shows 47 PSK monitors within the last hour vs 6747 FT8
FT8 is boring; gets old real fast - looking for some ideas to get the activities back up again.....

73 de Paul - KC9SEB / #1579 


Re: 6m PSK31 Anyone?

Rick - N7WE
 

Never saw you Chris.  Thanks for trying.  Think I'll go back down to 20 and see what's happening there.  73,

Rick - N7WE

On 6/7/2020 11:44, N9JCA Chris Matthews wrote:

I'm there Jim calling CQ  50.291

Chris N9JCA

73

On 6/7/20 3:35 PM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
Now on 50.291.200 calling CQ at 15:34 UTC.  Lots of FT8 just up the band so hoping for a PSK QSO!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Re: 6m PSK31 Anyone?

Rick - N7WE
 

Thanks Eric-

Looks like no joy from Florida today.  Maybe Christobal is getting in the way.

Rick - N7WE

On 6/7/2020 12:00, Eric wrote:
Rick,

A couple of days ago 6m really opened up wide for a few days.  Last two days have been pretty dead here on the West Coast.

Keeping an eye out anyway….

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jun 7, 2020, at 8:35 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Now on 50.291.200 calling CQ at 15:34 UTC.  Lots of FT8 just up the band so hoping for a PSK QSO!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

4681 - 4700 of 67833